Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #55
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
My mileage has never been all that great either. But I think the city of Odessa (since it's an oil town) actually constructs everything in such a way that people use as much gasoline as possible. Ok maybe that's a stretch but seriously the civil engineers around here must be bottom of the barrel because the traffic here is a nightmare and shouldn't be for a town of this population. Maybe you are in a town that doesn't have anything set up very well either. Just try driving a Tundra that gets 12mpg around for a while and then you'll love your 21mpg.

Like seriously if there is an intersection in this town without a stoplight i'm sure they are working on putting one up right this very moment. And god forbid you ever make more than one green.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:25 AM   #56
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
You just implied another variable that no one seems to ever mention:

Wheel Diameter

Almost everyone here runs different diameter rims combined with a wide variety of different sized tires...

...and yet no one seems to be factoring in their wheel diameters to adjust their odometer readings to arrive at their actual gas mileage.

I changed my rims and tires just like everyone else, except I used a wheel diameter chart to determine the tire size and aspect ratio so as to keep the diameter within 1% of the stock diameter so that my odometer continues to give accurate readings.
Good job you brought this up... i didn't realize that.

Ever since I changed to 17' Cooper S rims, my speedo is slower than actual speed. Therefore the distance counter must be also slower (less), that would make sense to the loss mileage!
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, mpg