Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
roxy84

Drives: 07 black yaris 5 speed lb
so close, cant decide

im so close to trading my corolla for the yaris. however, to make myself feel ok about doing it (since the corolla gets at least equal mpg, has more power and torque, cruise, nicer interior, quieter ride, etc...). my options are:

1)yaris hatch with conv. package and side/curtain airbags
-advantage over corolla, better side crash test result, compared to my corolla which has no side airbags, abs brakes, looks much nicer imo, some versatility w/hatch but no split/fold flat rear seat

2)yaris hatch w/power package, so it has the split/fold flat rear seats but no side airbags
advantage over corolla, power windows(only locks in corolla), more hatch versatility with the split/fold flat seats. looks.

--the power package with side airbags and abs is too pricey imo for this car, so that variation is out

so, i could make a case for "upgrading" from the corolla in some ways.

so, you guys without the side airbags, do you worry about it every day? or do you just go about your business. ive read that the chances of getting hit on the drivers side are about 1 in 270,000. so, its likely it will never happen to most of us, but we all know it happens. of course if its a 4000 pound suv at 60+ mph, that airbag will not be saving anyone.

a final question for those of you with the split rear seat. does it really fold flat? ive fiddled with them at the dealers and couldnt get them flat at all, barely moreso than the single bench seat. the sales guy said "thats as flat as they go".

if you had to choose, power package or side airbags and abs (not both) which would it be. sadly, i know our canadian friend did not have a sab opption, but did get the %#@&*%# four door
roxy84 is offline   Reply With Quote