Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Just received

Order a week ago from a junk yard in Canada

Cluster 1.jpg

Cluster 2.jpg
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Ill take a set of the wheels on the back ground

You know that thing has the actual miles of the original car that it was on and it will not read yours ( miles) unless you take it to a dealer with the right tools. Other then that its awsome having the tac.
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
cdydjded

If you like wheels check out my company www.traklitewheels.com. As for the miles it not a big deal to me, we dont have inspection here......
Old 06-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
pmd
Old 06-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
o_O

With how many thousands of Yarii that have been sold in the USA, why do people insist on getting Canadian ones with KMH? Baffles me.

Another guy did this recently out in Arizona and for the life of me, I couldn't understand why. A tach is not necessary for these cars, but if you want it and tanking the resale value on your car is worth it, more power to ya.

-SAV

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
o_O

With how many thousands of Yarii that have been sold in the USA, why do people insist on getting Canadian ones with KMH? Baffles me.

Another guy did this recently out in Arizona and for the life of me, I couldn't understand why. A tach is not necessary for these cars, but if you want it and tanking the resale value on your car is worth it, more power to ya.

-SAV
Old 06-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
cdydjded

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
o_O

-SAV
The reason I want a tach is because I run 1/4 at least once a month. My car is turbo if you did not notice. Im tired of hitting the rev limiter every time I shift. Also the reason for getting a Canadian cluster is because they had tach's in the HB since 2006 & the US models with tach's were from 2008+ S models which are very rare. As for the resale value, if and when I decide to sell I can always reinstall the original cluster.

Last edited by cdydjded; 06-29-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
awesome! Can you please tell me what junkyard you ordered it from? I have been looking all over for the hb 5 speed manual cluser with tach and cant find..was it just plug and play?
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #9
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
You know that thing has the actual miles of the original car that it was on and it will not read yours ( miles) unless you take it to a dealer with the right tools. Other then that its awsome having the tac.

What would I need to adjust the mileage? I saw a USDM cluster w/ tach on ebay awhile back for $50 and I would have gotten it, but the mileage was off and I was told by a Toyota mechanic that it wasn't going to be as easy as it sounds...
Old 06-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #10
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by suckerface View Post
What would I need to adjust the mileage? I saw a USDM cluster w/ tach on ebay awhile back for $50 and I would have gotten it, but the mileage was off and I was told by a Toyota mechanic that it wasn't going to be as easy as it sounds...
Changing the mileage requires reprogramming a EEPROM IC on the cluster. It can't be done using the Toyota Techstream service tool, so most dealerships order replacement tachs with the mileage pre-programmed for the car that it is going into. There are speedometer repair shops that have the necessary equipment to do the programming.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #11
cdydjded

Installed and working. Only issues:

1 The color it lights up in, amber, didnt think about that, oh well no big deal, Ill change the rest of the car to amber

2 Airbag(right side top), ABS (right side bottom) & a mystery indicator (bottom) is on, solved it by taking the cluster apart & covering the indicator with a permanent marker. Check engine is on cause I do not have a catalytic converter.

IMG00522 (1).jpg
Old 06-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #12
cdydjded

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckerface View Post
It has to be from a Hatchback, if not it will not work. Toyota mechanics as smart & well trained as they are will always say it work work until they try it.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #13
cdydjded

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBeard View Post
awesome! Can you please tell me what junkyard you ordered it from? I have been looking all over for the hb 5 speed manual cluser with tach and cant find..was it just plug and play?
Yes plug & play. Im going to get in contact with the place I bought it from to see if they have anymore. Maybe we could get some group buy goin, who's interested?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #14
cdydjded

Here is a short video, more to come soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA_RsJ7avr4
Old 06-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #15
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
instead of changing all your lights to amber why not just change the gauge color?
Current Mods: MI Armrest; Full LED conversion (interior and exterior); RS spoiler; Tinted windows; Tanabe DF210 lowering springs; aftermarket door speakers; 12" RF P3 subwoofer with custom box wrapped in Neffy; seat covers; HID 8000K headlights; HID 3000K foglights; 13mm PG hub spacers; muffler delete with dual tip; eyelids; and.. A little red Domo mascot!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #16
cdydjded

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom Lftback View Post
instead of changing all your lights to amber why not just change the gauge color?
Its easier to change the color of the A/C controls than the cluster.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #17
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
this is very true
Current Mods: MI Armrest; Full LED conversion (interior and exterior); RS spoiler; Tinted windows; Tanabe DF210 lowering springs; aftermarket door speakers; 12" RF P3 subwoofer with custom box wrapped in Neffy; seat covers; HID 8000K headlights; HID 3000K foglights; 13mm PG hub spacers; muffler delete with dual tip; eyelids; and.. A little red Domo mascot!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #18
CombatModel

Drives: .
If I remember correctly, that indicator on the bottom is the handbrake indicator light. It shoudl turn off once the handbrake is disengaged.
CombatModel is offline   Reply With Quote