Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
Jrilla

Drives: 09 Yaris 4Dr Sedan
Adding Power Trunk Release Ideas...Need Help

I have searched for a liitle while for threads about this and haven't found anything beyond adding an aftermarket solenoid and running a long green wire from the trunk to the under the dash. I have installed these solenoids in several cars and I was never impressed by the way they things looked. I know this sounds picky, and I am fine with installing my power trunk release this way if I have to, but I wanted to ask the experts on the Yaris here to see if they had any knowledge of another way of doing this. I am sure I could spend hours researching this, but I thought if anyone could figure this out, you could.

Here it is: Is there another vehicle out there with a remote power trunk release that I could pull the latch and release mechanism off the trunk and install it on my Yaris and make it work both manually and electronically?

I'm not too worried about running wires from the trunk to under the dash to trigger the above mechanism or even the solenoid if the above doesn't work, but I would prefer to use an extra factory wire in the trunk if there is one.

My main goal in all of this is to never compromise the factory look with anything I install so as to not decrease the resale value in case i need to sell this in the next couple years for whatever reason.

Thank you for any insight you can give.
Jrilla is offline   Reply With Quote