Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #1
08yarisbroken

Drives: 2008 yaris
2008 yaris with intermittent power failures please help

Hello my 19 year old daughter bought this yaris used from the toyota dealer almost 2 months ago .. Her issue is when she goes to start her car she has no dash lights or interior or headlights no starter nothing like its completely dead. Then about ten minutes later its fine .
Every time I come to her rescue its already in a normal state.. door lights headlights, door dummy light.. no issues...

so I asked her to make a youtube video when it occurred again and it did a couple days ago. so if you can please help with an idea of what to replace that would be great.. If by chance the ecm is at fault can we just buy a used one from ebay and plug and play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Zv5...ature=youtu.be

when i arrived 5 minutes after this video was shot it was back to normal little blue.. ty guys for your help
08yarisbroken is offline   Reply With Quote