Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
even more tesla

crazy thing is i didnt know my neighbor across the street works for tesla and is one of the first model 3 recipients

say what you will about the styling and he chose the ugliest color. i like the front end but not the rear and the wheels are very nice but i didnt get a good pic

i was shocked to see what the automotive journalists have been saying about the crap build quality is true. many exterior panel mis-alignments and the interior is very flimsy and cheap looking ... more like a pre production prototype

the large screen is amazing with many cool features and great usability and the air vents use an innovative system where two streams of air intersect to steer the air without traditional vents ... very cool

this is the lowest performance version of the car and its quicker than my already quick BMW i3

like it or not its the future and in the long run ev's (electric vehicles) are going nowhere but up and ice (internal combustion engines) are headed down

Last edited by justanotherdrunk; 11-18-2017 at 06:43 PM.
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Interesting to hear about the build quality. Even the lowest performance version isn't what I'd call cheap, from a cost perspective.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:29 PM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Who expects good build quality from an American car anyway, tee hee hee *runs away*

All joking aside, despite the rough edges, I'm really excited about this car, we must be like the first people looking at gasoline-powered cars 100+ years ago when everyone was still riding horses...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:58 AM   #4
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
i think we're still looking at another decade or so before you see the tables turned in favor of electric. they are pretty expensive right now even with the govt. credits(which will go away) and the 'regular joes' aren't going to want electric trucks(sorry, i live in the midwest and it's a fact of life). still, pretty exciting!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote