Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #19
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Im tempted to drive a junker across the boarder, leave it there, and return with an ECHO/Yaris/diesel ECHO/diesel Yaris/diesel SMART car. From a private owner or something. Just transfer the plates y'know.

Then just use the registration from my legally purchased/registered/titled car of the same name.

I bought a used ST1300 in TX, flew down there, and rode it hime to NJ. I used the plates/insurance card/ and registration from my Suzuki. On the way I fell over on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The bike weighs 700 pounds and I couldnt pick it up. The park workers who hellped me right it said they had to call the cops to report it and inventigate it. They thought I had an accident which I didnt.

I died a thousand deaths waiting for the police. When the lady Virginia State cop arrived she said "Do you want me for anything?"

I said "No ma'am!" and was on my way...
Old 01-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #20
dj92
Embracing Curves

Drives: '14 Prius Executive
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Right, but isn't medical school and some other post secondary education free of tuition as is the case in Sweden?
I only know the situation here, but you need quite good marks to be allowed to study this, and still you have to pay a lot of money.
For medicine studies, it's about 500€ study fee (which goes to the university) per semester and additional fees for mensa, bus ticket etc.
Because electronic engineering (what I'm studying) attracts only a few people, you have no numerus clausus nor a dedicated study fee, I only pay ~220€ per semester for the mensa (so they can sell the food cheaper) and the bus/train ticket (sadly I can't opt this one out).
All in all, studying here isn't for free at all, you can get a credit, but you have to pay it back of course.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #21
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Attached Images