Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
tsanford

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
possible water sucked thru CAI?

I was driving back where I am stationed at today and there was a huge storm that came and the roads were not able to drain properly. I wound up having to drive through some pretty bad puddles. When I hit one in particular the car started to bog down and my check engine light came on. I automatically thought that my CAI had sucked water up into my motor. I made it back to post and turned the car off. I checked my plugs and they are fine as well as the oil is normal color, but my check engine light is still on and when i hit the gas the CAI doesnt seem to sound the same as it would before it got so wet. (not as deep of sucking noise) Anyone know what may be goin on with my car?
tsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Did the same thing and pretty much killed the engine, sounds like you didn't get a whole lot in... You'd best take apart as much of the intake tubing as you can to dry it out, pay close attention to the MAF, I'd pretty sure it'd going to give wacky signals if it's wet. Not sure if your CEL will go off on its own though, any chance you can access a code scanner or Scangauge unit? These will tell you exactly what is tripping out the ECU, and can reset the CEL too.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
pennyracer
boydstir

Drives: 08 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to pennyracer Send a message via Yahoo to pennyracer
sounds like the down tube intakes strikes again that's why i would never use one got to keep the intake hi that's why i got a afe from micro image sits high and has a shroud to block water from coming in from under the car good luck hope it did not do any long term damage
pennyracer is offline   Reply With Quote