Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-05-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
fwynn

Drives: 1999 NHBP Honda Prelude
Wiring diagram?

Hey guys I did a search and I couldn't find it.. I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for the 09 Yaris Sedan. I'm trying to install an alarm system with the Remote start. I bought my girl a Viper 5901 system and would like to install it! :] I'm new in electrical kinda.. but i do know the basics as well as some details....

We took the car to a shop named Promax located in Alhambra, Ca.. and they COMPLETELY failed on the install... when they installed it... when the unlock button is pressed it beeps 3 times instead of 2 times.. when you drive the LED on the transponder box thing keeps beeping...(It's supposed to not flash when you're driving)... When the lock button is pressed it beeps once.. like it's supposed to.. HOWEVER it says there is a door open.. ALSO there are no lights that flash when the buttons are pressed..

They said it can be a defective box.. however once they told me "you're LED's may be interfering with the brain.. It may be draining too much power" (the LED's are in the dome light and map light. replaced them because the stock lights were not bright enough.. besides LED's take out less power than regular bulbs) I have the Clifford 50.7x on my car (Honda prelude) and i have LED's everywhere.. and it works perfectly.. so the LED part fails..

So I really need your help guys.. I saw the Remote start diagram thing :] but i also need the alarm part :]. Thanks!
fwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwynn View Post
Hey guys I did a search and I couldn't find it.. I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for the 09 Yaris Sedan. I'm trying to install an alarm system with the Remote start. I bought my girl a Viper 5901 system and would like to install it! :] I'm new in electrical kinda.. but i do know the basics as well as some details....

We took the car to a shop named Promax located in Alhambra, Ca.. and they COMPLETELY failed on the install... when they installed it... when the unlock button is pressed it beeps 3 times instead of 2 times.. when you drive the LED on the transponder box thing keeps beeping...(It's supposed to not flash when you're driving)... When the lock button is pressed it beeps once.. like it's supposed to.. HOWEVER it says there is a door open.. ALSO there are no lights that flash when the buttons are pressed..

They said it can be a defective box.. however once they told me "you're LED's may be interfering with the brain.. It may be draining too much power" (the LED's are in the dome light and map light. replaced them because the stock lights were not bright enough.. besides LED's take out less power than regular bulbs) I have the Clifford 50.7x on my car (Honda prelude) and i have LED's everywhere.. and it works perfectly.. so the LED part fails..

So I really need your help guys.. I saw the Remote start diagram thing :] but i also need the alarm part :]. Thanks!
If you look in the DIY section of the forum there is a sticky thread with the complete 07 service manual. The EWD section has all of the wiring diagrams and there is no difference between the 07 and 09, as far as the connection points for the signals related to wiring an alarm. From your description above, it sounds like you really need the install guide for the Viper 5901, as it sounds like they connected its harness incorrectly and/or programmed it wrong.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
Palmer812

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Metallic LB
One tip for you. The Viper 5901 comes pre programmed for a manual transmission so if you are installing it on a car with an automatic you have to re program it before it will remote start.
Palmer812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
fwynn

Drives: 1999 NHBP Honda Prelude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer812 View Post
One tip for you. The Viper 5901 comes pre programmed for a manual transmission so if you are installing it on a car with an automatic you have to re program it before it will remote start.
oh WUT X__X

thanks for this tip! Where can i get it reprogrammed? Imma assume i should take it to an authorized viper dealer?
fwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
Palmer812

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Metallic LB
If you are going to install it yourself you can reprogram it. The alarm comes with instructions on how to program it. If you don't want to do it yourself take it to a Viper dealer. We charge $130 for an alarm with remote start.
Palmer812 is offline   Reply With Quote