Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #73
Creeper

Drives: Silver 2DLB Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Creeper
mine are supposed to be here tomorrow, if they get here before I go to work ill have pictures tomorrow night if they get here after I go to work then friday night.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:20 PM   #74
MPC Motorsports

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing View Post
Still owkring on that guys.

To all inteterested in the sedan. Heres the story. Production will be finsihed in the next 3 days and I will be able to grab pictures. Now if you wish to purchase now I will offer a risk free trial. Try them for 14 days after shipping and I will honor a money back gurantee if you don't like
Can't wait to see some aftermarket lites for the sedan. Sedan owners are dying for some aftermarket love in lighting products...both head and tails!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #75
Creeper

lights came in!

lights came in today, here are some pre-install pics hope yall enjoy.
first pic looks nice :)
second pic. edge is very uneaven looks liek it was dragged against the ground not even sealed all the way.
third pic warning against HID's
fourth pic made in taiwan
firth pic. missing the cover for one of the lights.
DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

I am disapointed, I wanted to install these tonight. :(

Last edited by Creeper; 04-30-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #76
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
yea i would of just got the ebay kind myself, i was willing to bet there were the same ones they were selling on ebay, hes just trying to charge a lot more

i have had the ebay kind before, they were really good quality, i painted the inside and resealed them and never had a problem!

thanks for posting up, this is why he hasnt posted any pics of his lights, hes just ordering from the same place as the ebay sellers

http://www.4055design.com
Old 04-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #77
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Old 04-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #78
Creeper

Anyone else that ordered these have any problems?

Last edited by Creeper; 04-30-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #79
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
same crap, different pile
Old 04-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #80
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
I was wondering why he "couldn't" post pictures, guess we know now. Sorry to hear about it Creeper.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #81
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
Yeah I want my money back, wonder if any of the others who ordered had any of these problems. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm07yaris View Post
same crap, different pile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
I was wondering why he "couldn't" post pictures, guess we know now. Sorry to hear about it Creeper.
another vendor DEAD because of shitty products. glad i didn't drive to city to check him out.....
Old 04-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #82
Mead

Drives: BSP Yaris LB 2007
Thanks for posting the pics... Sorry it's less than what you expected and judging from the price and anticipation... it should've been 1000x better.

If you want your money back, maybe as a community we can help pressure him. Also the 'HID NOT ALLOWED' decal is false representation since his ad discription clearly implies HID compatibility!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #83
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

i just REALIZED that it says no HID bulbs......
Old 04-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #84
JM Auto Racing

Drives: r34
Wow Creeper this is even a dissapointment to me. First of all the light should not look damaged as it is. That was probably dropped during shipment. Second of all the lights are 100% compatible for HID. The HID sticker has to be placed in order to meet DOT certifications or else I would not be allowed to sell them. If I did not place the stickers, the lights would have to meet all DOT certifications which include metal underlays ( which are found in all factory projectors) Metal underlays are pointless and make the light heavier but they use it in order to reduce the glare. By placing the stickers the lights only have to meet DOT certifcations of Halogen projectors. They are more than our "ebay brand" because the lthe projectors are double layered which allow for succesful HID projection up to 20000k without burning out the projector lenses. Plastic is outsourced to other countires to keep production costs down. Actual projector is made in Detroit.
As far as the "shitty" quality on the shipping I take full responsiblity. My shipping department was in a rush to get them all out and probably damaged the headlight. I will send you an RMA label so you can get the light excahnged out. Again sorry for the complications but
Old 04-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #85
JM Auto Racing

Ive asked the others to post their comments and all others were happy with the product. Creeper as I said before, the light was probably dropped and I will send a new one out asap.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #86
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Don't buy from a vendor until they are actually a VENDOR. That way, everyone is safer in the community, the vendors included.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #87
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
Don't buy from a vendor until they are actually a VENDOR. That way, everyone is safer in the community, the vendors included.
i take back my hastily posted comments as the explanation was clear and straight forward. i'll also waive judgement on my purchase until someone puts some hours into these lights.even TOYOTA lights disappoint some times and come in damaged so i chaulk up that to poor shipping......
Old 04-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #88
drifto

Drives: 07 5spd Yaris LB
Send a message via MSN to drifto
these have caught my eye. i just dont like the led's on the side. i guess i would need to see a night shot with them installed. maybe after some time and hopefully some good feedback i might induldge, but i never seem to have luck with aftermarket headlights... after one winter here in n.y. something on them always seem to leak or melt or crack.

07 Yaris LB 5spd
AE86 Corolla GTS 5spd
http://microimage.ning.com/
http://www.microimageonline.com/store.html
Old 04-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #89
JM Auto Racing

these gurantee won't melt or crack

Thanks blazin I mean if I could help the quality of shipping I would but it really is like playing the lotto with some of these guys. Thanks though
Old 04-30-2009, 10:11 PM   #90
Creeper

im sorry about being so rude in my earlier post i will edit them after this. I was just upset wich i think is understandable but i shouldnt have been so cross. JM thanks for being a good person about this and the truth is the dmg would have to happen pre-shipment. I will say Packaging was excellent and not dmg to the box. after giving them a good look over after work i did notice that the light pictured the parking light housing is also broke. the left light seems to be fine except the seals on both could be better. With exceptions of the parking light housing and the dmg on the side pictured They do seem to be of a good quality. I was trying to get my post with the pictures truthfull but im sorry if I did seem unfair. I look forward to working with you to resolve these problems though
Closed Thread