Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-29-2023, 07:52 AM   #1
markowen
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris, 2000, 1.0 petrol
Wrong ODB code returned?

I have a Yaris Mk1 (2000) which is displaying the engine light. When I run the ODB reader it comes back with cam shaft sensor. I replaced the sensor and the light comes back after being reset.

The car is really sluggish on a cold engine but runs great and nippy enough when warm. Plugs look good - nice medium tan colour.

If the ignition timing was wrong I would expect some 'symptoms' when the engine is warm as well.

I don't think it's a choke issue because there is no indication it will stall after being started - just very sluggish - which makes me wonder if there is another sensor, perhaps O2, that is badly managing fuel when cold.

So I also wonder if the ODB code is wrong and it should say O2 sensor?

Also, if I reset the ODB code (cam shaft sensor) when the engine is warm it stays off. But then returns once the engine has been left to cool.

Any thoughts?
markowen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold engine, odbii, sluggish