Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-01-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
lappie
Specialized Cycles

Drives: Yaris 06 5Dr LE Pkg 'B'
Canadian members.

Hi guys, i want to buy a Yaris for June and i was wandering if you had any succes dealing the price or AccessToyota is the final price ?
(Excuse my english.... )
lappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Sorry to tell you that I paid sticker price! May be there are luckier members among us.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
lappie
Specialized Cycles

Drives: Yaris 06 5Dr LE Pkg 'B'
Not even have a free option ?
lappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Sorry, no. They could sell practically every Yaris they could get. However, the salesman was "kind enough" to give me a coupon for a free service(oil change, I guess). Don't say I tell you however , if you know an owner of any Toyota vehicle and if that person refers you to his/her dealership and you eventually buy a Yaris from that dealership, your introducer MAY get some kind of incentive. You or rather your introducer should try asking the dealership questions about that at the earliest possible instance. Promotion methods change from time to time, place to place. No personal responsibility assumed. Just hope this works in Quebec.

Last edited by swng; 02-01-2006 at 10:35 PM.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #5
yariman
Speed Wrenchin'

Drives: 2006 Yaris 3 door, Bayou Blue
The only dealing you can do is if you have a trade in. You can negotiate the best price possible for your trade which brings down the new car price. Other than that there are no negotiations.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Yeah, when I brought mine (in toronto) it's hard to get anythin' out of them. Well, put it this way, the car is still fairly new and their mark up is less than $1000 dollars, which means the margin of what they(dealer) is making is much less than 15%. There is no way you could get much when the dealer makes so little. And yeah, you could try gettin' a few coupon, oil changes, keychain and little stuff. (I got a blanket, ha ha ha) But then, price and feature you are not goin' to juice much out of them.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:38 AM   #7
Scudworm

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS
Hi everyone. I am a proud owner of a 2007 Yaris RS, B Package Blazzing Blue Metallic, automatic. The ETA is end of February or early March. I was able to knock off $1,500 from the final price.
This was my first time buying a car. I found lots of great tips from Edmunds website, http://www.edmunds.com/advice/?tid=e...me.header..4.*.

First, I got the dealer invoice price at Car Cost Canada, http://carcostcanada.com. Then I emailed a few dealerships to find out the final price they were going to sell the Yaris. Out of the four dealerships I emailed, I received two replies. The two offers were fairly close but the best offer was $1000 off the final price. I called up Maple Toyota and told them, "I am interested in buying the 2006 Yaris RS, B Package. And I will buy it today. Give me your best offer." The salesperson ask for my final price. I ask for $1,500 off. The salesperson ask for my credit card number to hold $1000 for my deposit, just to show good faith that was seriously buying the car. I waited 10 mins for the salesperson to call back and the deal was done. I was left was to sign the papers.

I bought the car in mid January. I finally got an ETA a week later. I was also happy to hear they were going to give me the 2007 Yaris. But it was being shipped from Japan and I have to wait a month for the car to arrive. The salesperson said the only difference between the 2006 and 2007 was the year and the resale value will be better.

What I noticed about the Maple Toyota dealership was how new and big it was. I found out it was newly built and the biggest dealership in Ontario. I assume I got a great offer because they are trying to build up their customer base.

I looked around and noticed most dealerships had the 2006 Yaris RS w/ AC and 2006 Yaris w/ AC in stock. But no B packages. That is why I have to wait. I am also qaulified for an additional $500 off from the Graduate Rebate Program. The rebate comes directly from Toyota and it cost the dealership nothing. Also, remember the Yaris offers a $100 fuel tax conservation rebate, which is included to the final price of the car. I also paid an addition $75 for new plates.

Good luck shopping.
Scudworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #8
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
whats the graduate rebate program. Is that just with canada.

Good go on getting a good price. It'll be that much sweeter after the wait getting your new car. They'll probably have to pry you out of the car the first day you'll want to drive it so much.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #9
Scudworm

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS
In Canada, Toyota offers the Graduate Program. http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObje...102000e%2ehtml

The US has a similar program, http://www.toyotafinancial.com/finan...ege_grads.html.

All car companies have similar promotions.
Scudworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #10
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Yes, and in the USA their are other programs as well. Most Toyota dealerships wll give you a discount for being a AAA member. I think the technical deal is $59 over dealer cost, but I might be wrong on that.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #11
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
I just bought a 2007 Polar White Yaris 3D RS B Package in Mid-January and I wasn't able to get any money off the final price because the salesman told me that the car is too high in demand now that it's hard to give customers any discount on the final price. He told me that if I weren't willing to pay the full price his boss could easily sell it to someone else who was willing to pay full price. But I was able to negotiate with the salesman for some extra accessories like replace the standard RS spoiler for the rally style spoiler, an exhaust tip, cigarette burner, and 4 all season mats.

My Yaris came to a total of $21, 039.00 CAD and plus I add the 3M front bumper protector for an extra $388.00 CAD. So final price including everything is $21,427.00 CAD

The sales guy told me that the 2006 models are all sold out now and they will give me the 2007 model. My car will be arriving by the end of March because the sales guy said it is really hard to get Japan to ship a white Yaris to Canada because the Japanese take almost all the white Yaris that are produced. So if you want to buy a Yaris I suggest you order it soon or else it would be a long wait. I can't wait to get mine.
hoahmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #12
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Hehe, I got my white Yaris now. I guess the sales is right about white Yaris is hard to come by.....
Did they mentioned anything about differences between 06 and 07? I suppose I got the '06 and I have never heard of '07 unless you are talkin' about the sedan........
Old 02-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #13
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
the toyota dealership said I would be getting the 2007 Yaris hatchback because all the 2006 models are sold out. the salesman said there will be no difference in the 06/07 model, if there was a difference it would be some extra stuff, nothing taken away from the 06.
hoahmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #14
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Ahh. so that's how it works. ok. thanx. =)
Old 02-04-2006, 01:16 AM   #15
AngryBusDriver

Drives: 2006 Yaris 'B', 3dr
I managed to get $500 knocked of my 3dr. CE with the B package. I told them that the money saved would be put back into options and it worked. Added the rally spoiler, hood deflector and a block heater. I think the fact that I laid out an extra $1,500 for the 200,000km ECP helped a little.
AngryBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:34 AM   #16
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
For Toronto, the car has a 7.25% markup. So do your math in your negotiation! :)
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #17
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabL
For Toronto, the car has a 7.25% markup. So do your math in your negotiation! :)
How do they get away with marking up the price. Does that have to do with the canadian currency.

Which leads to a question. So who makes up the price stickers that they put on the cars. The dealerships. My weasel dealership says those price stickers come with the car from the factory. So who am I to believe.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:59 AM   #18
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
The stickers are made up by the national branch of Toyota. They decide the MSRP.

I think by markup he means invoice price to MSRP.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote