Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #19
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
most likely ur shock is gone..probably leaking..i cant believe u havent resolved this. its been a while.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:39 PM   #20
maryinredding

Drives: 2007 Polar White Yaris LB
I see there is another Redding Yaris owner. What color is your car????
2010 Ford Ranger (his)
maryinredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #21
Yaristwn

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Sport
"Tok" noise found...

My Yaris had this "Tok" noise at under 20 Km/hr at braking. The noise wasn't continuous. It only happened immediately the brake was applied. Had a technician checked and found the noise was from the metal part between the brake pad and the calliper. With some lubricant, the noise went away. Just a reference for anyone suffering the similar problem...
Yaristwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #22
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Mine likes to.. TOK to me at night.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #23
buchieboy

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaristwn View Post
My Yaris had this "Tok" noise at under 20 Km/hr at braking. The noise wasn't continuous. It only happened immediately the brake was applied. Had a technician checked and found the noise was from the metal part between the brake pad and the calliper. With some lubricant, the noise went away. Just a reference for anyone suffering the similar problem...

This was also what the people from Toyota told me.
They just greased it and everything was fine..

But the sound has come back again..ill be off to the dealer once moe
buchieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:30 AM   #24
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
make sure you TOK to the manager and tell him it didnt TOK long enuff for the TOK to come back. if the TOK comes back then TOK to the big BOSS..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #25
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
make sure you TOK to the manager and tell him it didnt TOK long enuff for the TOK to come back. if the TOK comes back then TOK to the big BOSS..
Old 02-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #26
tetzyamis
'09 5dr

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5-Door Bayou Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #27
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetzyamis View Post
Eh! No TOK lie dat!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #28
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Usually this tok sound is due to the brake pad hitting the caliper braket. Sometimes the hardware is weak and there is too much space. Bending the hardware usually works or simply replacing it. Had happend to a brake job my shop had done awile ago. We finally figured it out when i noticed the hardware was there on one side but missing on the other. Allowing excess place in the brake pad. So when the vehicle would roll forward and brake you hear a loud tok. Asumming yours is a simular situation putting grease would take up the slack and act as a dampner for the vibration but would eventually could back. It is strange that you do have this problem on a new car.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #29
buchieboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
Usually this tok sound is due to the brake pad hitting the caliper braket. Sometimes the hardware is weak and there is too much space. Bending the hardware usually works or simply replacing it. Had happend to a brake job my shop had done awile ago. We finally figured it out when i noticed the hardware was there on one side but missing on the other. Allowing excess place in the brake pad. So when the vehicle would roll forward and brake you hear a loud tok. Asumming yours is a simular situation putting grease would take up the slack and act as a dampner for the vibration but would eventually could back. It is strange that you do have this problem on a new car.
i think this is exactly my cars problem

If i let this continue, will it have any long term negative effects?
What hardware do i need to replace?

thanks!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #30
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by buchieboy View Post
i think this is exactly my cars problem

If i let this continue, will it have any long term negative effects?
What hardware do i need to replace?

thanks!
There really isnt anything bad that will happen just a continuing annoying noise. It is not too hard to do thi syourself. There are several DIYs on this forum that show you how to remove the wheel and brake parts. If you want to try it purchase a brake hardware kit that is the exact name from any local parts house such as kragens autozone, napa auto parts, winchester auto parts, etc. Replace all the hardware and then regrease the components. Put brake lube on the back of the brake pads and on the ears. More than likely this will fix your problem.

If you cant find a brake hardware kit you can try to remove your old hardware and bend it slightly to make it a tigheter fit for the brake pads.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #31
buchieboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
There really isnt anything bad that will happen just a continuing annoying noise. It is not too hard to do thi syourself. There are several DIYs on this forum that show you how to remove the wheel and brake parts. If you want to try it purchase a brake hardware kit that is the exact name from any local parts house such as kragens autozone, napa auto parts, winchester auto parts, etc. Replace all the hardware and then regrease the components. Put brake lube on the back of the brake pads and on the ears. More than likely this will fix your problem.

If you cant find a brake hardware kit you can try to remove your old hardware and bend it slightly to make it a tigheter fit for the brake pads.
Thanks YarisSedan! will do this ove rthe weekend. Hopefully it goea away forever. the noise is just irritating at times