Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
Source of buzzing sound..

Hey guys.. I found the source of the intermittent buzzing problem I have with my 08 Sedan, but I can not find the actual part(s) that is making the final buzzing sound...

Take a look at the attached photo; it is the left side of the area around the steering wheel framing section that is the start of the issue..

If I tap the circled item, it will vibrate like a friggen tuning fork!. And the ever so faint buzzing sound will be there.. The bracket is not the actual source of the buzzing sound, but is the source of the energy that is making something else buzz!

If I remove the cross bracket (55337), it will then really amplify the problem… I spent like 1H tapping the frame and trying to locate the issue, and no luck!...

The issue only happens in warm weather (above 10deg c) and if I turn on the AC in warm to hot weather, it will stop after like 10min to which I guess the cool A/C air is making the metal/plastic or what ever contract and it stops.

Maybe if one of you guys that may have the similar buzzing issue want to give it a shot it and it may help the odds of finding the source..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yaris_Buzzing.jpg (191.5 KB, 69 views)
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
how about some felt tape or foam tape???

fixes all my rattles. specially the ones on the side markers and sail panels in front of mirrors
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote