Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-30-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
wholenizz

Drives: 07 yaris hatchy
Arrow Boring/Serious life thread, enter with low expectations exciting content..

Well I have decided this next fall term to enroll in a 2 year degree program at the local community college.

In 03 when I graduated from high school I had a 4 year university lined up and a scholarship. I was too depressed though... I knew this country would be going through hard times after I saw george bush getting elected. Maybe I was just too butthurt to do anything (things after were not THAT bad). But too top it off I lost faith in our country the day the towers fell. The lives lost were not just the people falling from out of the building, I lost my life too. Even though despite that attack we have survived and done OK since then... Recently I have been seeing things are starting to seriously make turns for the worse. I realize now this country needs my help. Every person out there should get some kind of education, and try to find a place in this crazy world... I really need this. Some kind of success under my belt. So by the way if anyone out there could just keep me in their hearts prayers whatever. That'd be cool.

So since 03 I have just been working here and there, just basically surviving. I have no money, a little debt, and I feel like I really need emerge from my current ways... I think this is the last chance I have. My middle class parents have helped me out their entire lives, and I took advantage of that up until about 2 years ago. I started trying to depend on them less and less, because things are so hard they need every little bit of money they used to be able to help me with. And I love them.

So I hope everything works out. And in 2 years I graduate with my degree. Which will be in CAD 3d design drafting ect. And I hope to start building a career and find a good job. I have been waiting also for the right time because I want to design green energy things. And I think after this oil spill, now, more than ever it's time to say forget all the details of whether or not this movement will save our economies (because our problems are so big now who knows), we have to do everything we can to start saving our planet. The global warming thing is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to problems with our current energy solutions. Maybe I don't get the chance right away, but it's the main reason I stay hopefull. To have that chance... To help. I'm really counting on it. Praying every night, trying to stay as positive as possible. And if an opportunity like that comes my way someone better punch me in my face if I don't stay true to myself, and stay true to our mission as humans to advance our technologies and to produce really cool stuff.

So I hope my attempt at this degree is a win, and I hit the ground running. After I get this first year out of the way, stay on top of my schooling, then the second year is going to be awesome. Then when I graduate I hope to find a job that I can keep learning and keep pushing the envelope.

I hope we can rebound (our nation, and our people), and I know everyone has their own very personal struggles in life to tackle right now. Right now the younger guys like me who have put real life off for too long, this is our moment. Time to get serious and make it happen right guys? We can do this. We have to do this. I can't count on OBAMA to fix everything. Or the next president. This dream and it's glory is in our hands. I finally realize... There is no easy way out. So I wish you luck, and I hope... You wish me luck as well. And not death and epic fail because I turned down a scholarship to a university. I hope you understand where I'm comming from. I did what I did, because I have a really big heart, and it hurt really really bad for so long. But now I am not the only one hurting... So in a wierd way it gives me strength.

Lets fix our lets then lets and and in the end lets hope we all just find some way to
wholenizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
as someone who works in revit daily, theres work out there - - at least in canada.

also: don't overthink life too much, you won't have any fun. its not the destination that matters, its the journey.

my brother did something similar to you. he has a degree in mathmatics and in music industry arts. he works as a kitchener manager in vancouver, bc. my parents think he's wasting his talent, and maybe he is, but if he's happy, thats all that matters.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Wholenizz, I wish you good luck with your life, I'm probably around the same age as your parents and when I was your age I didn't have a care in the world. Enjoy your life, you, too, will be old some day! I hope you get a great job after you graduate, but I don't hold out much hope for this country. The mid-90's were great when Clinton was in office (even though I didn't care for him), but I sure don't think Obama is going to fix anything.
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Some deep words.. Good luck to you bud. Wish you nothing but success.
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
I will keep you in my prayers!

A little ‘old timer’ advice!?!?

First: “Know thyself”... self- awareness.

Second: Know that, “The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” Life is about Economics! Has nothing to do with what was done by Bush and presently is being done by Obama. This is only, “Bread and Circuses” for the masses... the political false left/right paradigm at its best...

Third: In this case, then know the deception - propaganda, misinformation, and disinformation... the lies being pushed on you.

Fourth: Advice I gave to another member when going to school, as Mark Twain simply said, “Don't let schooling interfere with your education.” You are going to school not to make money, but instead expand your wisdom. And if you think that school is about profession, career, opening doors, and $$$$... Again, it’s back to Economics... scarcity.

Fifth: As “thebarber” said, “don't overthink life too much, you won't have any fun. its not the destination that matters, its the journey.”

Be strong... be happy with what you have. As the saying says, "Keep it simple-stupid" (KISS)... Life can be tough, but in the end it’s all your perspective...

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
wholenizz

Drives: 07 yaris hatchy
Thank you guys. I appreciate the support =] thanks for reading my little sum'd up short story of my early 20's.
wholenizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:29 AM   #7
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Wholenizzz, I hear ya. I was working for the county recently as a part-time/on-call employee that had to jump thought hoops to land a full-time stable but still temporary job every year. They promised me an official full-time position after passing their exam back in Jan., yet it went the other way and lay-offs are rampant left and right. I've unoffically been laid-off and have no choice but to ask my mom for help (which I absolutely loathe doing!). Financial situation's gotten so bad that at this point that I've lost my confidence and trust in any govt. employment agency and will be returning to school in Aug. to carve a new path for myself. You and I are in the same boat as far as I'm concerned, so if you were here the first round would be on me (if I can fish-out and scrape together enough quarters from under my bed). Hang in there

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote