Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #1
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
My Yaris progression.

I've never really made a "build thread" for my car, mainly because there wasn't a "build", so I figured I should make one.........

First picture I ever took of the car.

Pretty soon I took off the hubcaps, installed Tanabe DF210 lowering springs, installed a Netz front emblem and gave it a weld-on muffler.

Bought some used ICW wheels off of a friend.

Sold the ICW's and bought a set of Prime wheels, and added a Volvo lip to the front.

I then decided she wasn't low enough and cut a few coils off of the Tanabe springs. Sold the Prime wheels, and got some Bottlecaps from a buddy.

Bought an airhorn and compressor to be an

Sold the airhorn and compressor, and saved up and bought a set of Megan coilovers. Somewhere in here I bought 6" 9k and 4" 7k springs for the Megans. Then I bought a set of Whistler wheels, got fenders rolled and rear pulled about 5mm, -4° rear and -3° front camber with 195/50/15's. Bought a NST tow hook off a member here. Added a OEM style lip spoiler I got off Ebay for $40.

Got rid of the Whistler wheels and the camber because I couldn't get my alignment right, and was eating through tires. Bought another set of Prime wheels (15x7 +36), that had seen much much better days. Spent 40+ hours refinishing them to former glory. I didn't even know they had flat center caps until I bought this set. These are my favorite set of wheels I've had on the car thus far.

Wanting to be lower, but already having a really bad looking sub-frame, I decided air ride was a good idea. Seeing as kits are expensive and I already had coilovers a bag-over setup was the most economical and easiest route. Bought almost everything from Phil on here. UAS Aerosport bags up front with Bagriders threaded coilover brackets, rear is Slam Specialties SS-5 bags with Randode rear brackets. 3 gallon tank with a Viair compressor, 110-145 psi switch, manual paddle valves and 1/4" lines throughout. This is by far the best "mod" I've done to the car so far.

25mm spacers on the rear wheels make them fit nice and tight aired out.

And that brings us to the now. There's a list of other stuff I've done to the car but don't have pictures of, or that I've gotten rid of, like: window visors, Works Bell hub and 330mm leather NRG steering wheel, MI aluminum underpanel, Nitto axle-back (sold), front bumper quick-releases, The Stubby Jr. antenna from Craven speed, no name cold air intake, and Led light throughout the car. There's probably more, but I can't remember it right now. Future plans are bigger, "legit" wheels, thinking 17's maybe Work Eurolines or SSR Vienna Kreis, somthing with a lot of "face" to them. RS body conversion, or some sort of kit, not really sure. Repaint, really want to do it a deep purple, something like this.

I also want to remove the rear seats and replace them with a platform, to hide my air tank and compressor and double my cargo space. At some point in the future I want to change over to analog electronic management for the air ride, and add another tank and compressor. Maybe get another air-horn, just because. Also want a nice head-unit and to upgrade the speakers and add a sub-woofer.

I've owned this car for almost 6 years now, and every day I'm surprised with how much I still love it. I know this thread is a little long, and if you've made it this far, I want to thank you for taking the time to read it.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:26 PM   #2
Ben_

Drives: 2010 Yaris Hatch
Awesome! Its always amazing to see how some people just drive these cars and some people put their heart and soul into them. I like to think I fit into the latter
Ben_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:26 AM   #3
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Awesome man, the car looks amazing aired out. I'm super jealous how low you are aired out!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:05 PM   #4
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Look great. I actually really dig the BMW bottle caps.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:16 PM   #5
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Thoroughly enjoyed this post, coheed. Thanks for sharing.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:15 PM   #6
coheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_ View Post
Awesome! Its always amazing to see how some people just drive these cars and some people put their heart and soul into them. I like to think I fit into the latter
I think I fit into the latter also. I know my car isn't winning any shows, but I love it despite its many flaws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
Awesome man, the car looks amazing aired out. I'm super jealous how low you are aired out!
I'm jealous of your super shiny wheels and your paint that looks immaculate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
Look great. I actually really dig the BMW bottle caps.
I thought they looked really good too. Plus they were super light and tires were bone cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed this post, coheed. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for reading
Old 02-19-2015, 12:19 PM   #7
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I'd love to go the air-ride route, now that I've got other cars I can daily drive. Kits do look super pricey, however.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:30 PM   #8
FlushYaris

Drives: 07 yaris 3dr
Hell yeah man, what did it cost you for those bags? I am thinking about doing it..
FlushYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #9
coheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I'd love to go the air-ride route, now that I've got other cars I can daily drive. Kits do look super pricey, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushYaris View Post
Hell yeah man, what did it cost you for those bags? I am thinking about doing it..
If you already have coilovers you can get out with bags pretty cheap, just depends on what kind of management you go with. With manual paddle valves you can get a full set up for about $1700, not including the coilovers. I got lucky with Phil selling his stuff and ended up getting everything I needed for about $900.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:16 PM   #10
reggaetonfreak
El Yoe

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
So what kind of bags did you get for the rear. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2015, 10:36 PM   #11
WorkTL

Drives: 2013 Yaris LE
How did it ride after you cut the coils?
WorkTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:11 AM   #12
coheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggaetonfreak View Post
So what kind of bags did you get for the rear. Thanks!
Rear is Slam Specialties SS-5 bags with Randode rear brackets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkTL View Post
How did it ride after you cut the coils?
Absolutely horrible, I don't recommend anyone cutting springs.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:07 AM   #13
TerenceCruz

Do you plan on getting wider wheels? ;)
Old 02-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #14
coheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
Do you plan on getting wider wheels? ;)
Yea, but I don't know what I want to save up and do first, nicer wheels, or change the body and do a repaint....
Old 02-23-2015, 12:32 AM   #15
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post
Yea, but I don't know what I want to save up and do first, nicer wheels, or change the body and do a repaint....
True, once I got my wheels on, the body damage I have started killing me lol. I'd probably do body first cause the wheels you have right now are still nice.

Last edited by TerenceCruz; 02-23-2015 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:25 AM   #16
coheed

Not much going on with the Yaris because this is taking up all my time and money.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:45 PM   #17
coheed

Found an abandoned overgrown service station today and took some shots.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:05 PM   #18
WorkTL

Drives: 2013 Yaris LE
Sweet shots.
WorkTL is offline   Reply With Quote