Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
JimmyCracksCorn

Drives: 2007 yaris
200,000kms and no tranny fluid replacement

Ok so I have a 2007 Yaris hatchback with 203,000kms on it. Regular oil changes and 2 coolant changes, but have never gotten the tranny fluid changed(it's an automatic). Now the dipstick says "no need to change fluid under normal driving conditions". My mileage since the beginning is about 85-90% highway. Never towed anything etc... A couple days ago I thought I would check it. I warmed the car up with a 15 minute highway drive, and then about 10 minutes of stop and go traffic. Pulled into a parking lot, and stopped the with the brake applied I slowly shifted through all the gears, and then put it in park. I left the Yaris running and applied the E brake. Popped the hood and pulled the tranny dipstick out, wiped it with a clean rag and put it back all the way in and pulled it out and checked it. The color on the dipstick was a bright pink, no smell at all, and took the oil off the dipstick into my fingers( expected it to be hot but wasn't?), and felt absolutely no grit or anything. I am seriously not joking. People are telling me that I need to change it, but it shifts as great now as the day I got it. I want to keep this car as long as I can. Should I change it? Sorry for the long post, but wanted to be as thorough as I could. Thanks in advance.
JimmyCracksCorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
It's your call, but it's likely more just a piece of mind than anything else if you change it.

Its likely fine to leave as is
Old 05-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #3
JimmyCracksCorn

Drives: 2007 yaris
Ya, I was leaning that way. Thanks.
JimmyCracksCorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:29 AM   #4
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
It's very easy to change and refill .. I would change it

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote