Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Run4543

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Climate control issue

My girlfriend has an 07 Yaris in which the controls to change the direction of airflow from the blower are no longer working. It now sends air through all vents at once and changing the knob does nothing. The blower still works on all speed settings and I'm guessing if it is the same as other cars the resistor is still good on that. Now I have a lot of experience with complete dash removals on many vehicles and even have pdf of section of the shop manual that describes the removal. Being that the car is now 4 years old I would expect some issues to start arising but before I remove the dash I think I should check to see if anyone else has had this problem so that I do not waste my time or hers.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Run4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
So the vent selector thing isn't working? You could pop off the climate control panel and see if the cable fell off.
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Run4543

Oh ok, I didn't know it used a cable. I thought it would be electronic.

I'll try that today, thanks!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
Run4543

That was it, so easy my girlfriend could have done it herself.

What a nice vehicle to work on, if I could just get the front wheels off to change the brakes I'd be great.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
mfresh
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris
so i have the same problem, except i'm not a pro at removing the panels and i get stuck when I have to remove the actual climate control panel (i removed the sides easily enough, but I'm scared that i might break the top of the actual climate control panel because it's not budging when i pull on it. any tricks?
mfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:22 PM   #6
jen3me
I've made a post!

Drives: 2006 yaris
2006 climate control broken

Can someone show me how to access these dials to repair? The middle one was sticky to turn, then just let loose and wouldn't work at all. Now the control knob just pushed inside and is loose inside the dash. So can't change between settings- need my defrost back!!
(hatchback- if that matters- the controls are 3 in a row vertically)
jen3me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #7
tsourorf

Drives: 2008 Yaris 1.3 (Greek version)
It's pretty easy to get it out. First of all, you take the vertical sides out by starting at their bottom. Just pull them out with your fingers. Then, after disconnecting the cables that the sides have and placing them somewhere safe, use a wrench to free the stereo. There are 4 screws to take out. Careful not to drop them in any gaps because you are going to be looking for them later on. After freeing the stereo, the whole panel with the three dials can be taken out the same way as the side ones. Just use your fingers and pull it out starting at the bottom. There are basically only three connection points, one at the bottom and two at the top of this panel.

I hope this helps.
tsourorf is offline   Reply With Quote