Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #19
gearbox

Drives: 2011 Blue Yaris 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by richietwong View Post
Hello everyone.

my car is completely stock mod's wise other then a DC intake, and TRD axel back

I use 89 fuel

i use cruise control, i drive 40 miles a day, there are 2 big hills going 1 way , 2 big hills going back.

ive had my car for over a year, and ive been getting 52mpg average.

when i drive home to Santa barbara, i get 60 mpg, max ive ever gotten was 66 mpg with a tail wind.

my car has an alignment, and has weight ballists.

When you say 60 or 66. Is this from your gauge at a particular moment or a full tank of gas and you divide miles/gallons.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #20
cparker

Drives: 2014 Yaris L
It's possible for any vehicle to even get 99.99 mpg driving down hill without the gas pedal. I drive a 2016 full size diesel Ford van at work with a trip computer showing average mpg. On average, they show 22 mpg . But I think it's fun to get it to show a much higher average by resetting the computer at the top of a hill and let gravity do the work for you. A couple miles later at the bottom of the hill, it's reading 99.99 mpg. I hit the gas when the freeway flattens out, the reading goes down quickly, but it's reading 40mpg by the time I park the van at work. The next guy who drives the van wonders how it's getting such good mileage ?? He tries to keep that reading high, but just can't do it !!!
cparker is offline   Reply With Quote