Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Question about 2 kinds of TRD springs & rear strut bar

Alright, I've decided to go with TRD springs. I'm more into function than fashion and from what I've read here, TRD is the way to go for springs. I'm really not interested in coilovers (unless someone wants to sell me a set for $300 ) On sparks, they have a red set for $189 p/n PTR11-52070 (http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1136)
On trademotion, they have what appears to be a black set for $159 p/n PTR04-52060 (http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=3408)
My question on the springs is there a difference in performance, or is it just that one is red. I know sparks is a supporting vendor here, but I need to squeeze my wallet as much as I can, and $30 savings would go towards another future mod.

My 2nd question is in regards to the rear strut tower bar. I'm not into the argument that it does nothing. I want one, and I KNOW they work. The only place I can find any specifically for the Yaris is on C2auto, and those run nearly $300. I've looked on ebay and found some "universal" bars that should bolt on (from how the pics look on C2auto) but I'm unsure of the measurement. Anyone know the distance between the rear strut towers or where I can find a bar for under $100? Thanks
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
My TRD Sportivo Springs are white, just FYI. I've seen red ones though. Maybe just a different production set?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
is he talking about the charcoal progress springs, i'm sure? maybe just a wrong picture on that site? progress offer more drop than the TRD sport
Old 06-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Yeah, I'm guessing they must have the wrong picture for the "non-red" trd springs. I'm REALLY kicking myself for not getting the complete TRD sportivo set w/shocks on ebay a while back. They only went for $350, and were from the same guy I got my TRD exhaust and drag wheels from. I want to go with the TRD springs because I heard they offer better cornering than the Tanabe DF or NFs. What about the progress springs? I want the best of both worlds, drop and handling.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote