Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southeast
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-03-2009, 04:55 AM   #55
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Now...I am bringing this back from the dead. Why? Heres Why...

I am for one am all for the meets thing...Weekly, monthly, whatever. Just MEETS!
So...with that stated, I and others have tried to find places to meet, times, even had events planned with no turnout or very limited. It has become discouraging for anyone in Central FL to even want to setup a meet, because we kinda know how the outcome will be before it even happens.

I personally am done with the planning game of trying to setup meets. I tried to formulate the setup we needed to at least have 1 meet, or at least have something regular. Once more, nothing really came of it.

So, heres what we do have.

Heat Imports:
This is a car "club", its not a club because they wont enforce a heirarchy setup which many other clubs have adopted. So everyone kinda should feel equal, its a risky yet rewarding setup. No chances of one person grabbing a power trip and running the whole club into the ground.

I for one have gone to these events and LOVED it, good people, good food. Its not just a Scion club, or Honda club...Its a place for anyone with an Import to come and join, its a great place to just meet good people, Hell...some people who come dont even have an Import, just Imported-domestic branded cars (GTO, Satrun Sky...etc)

I was kinda forced from going to these meets due to my job. They booted my old good schedule out for my new one, with my new job and schedule I will once more be making it out to these meets. Unfortunately I can only make it out to the Friday meets.

The meets are weekly, they have 2 days in which they go out... Friday (9:00pm) and Wednesday (8:30pm), the Location is still the same (Gators Dockside on SR 50 in Clermont...Next to Home Depot).

I am not stating that this is the only meets we can have. But its a starter for anyone to get out and at least pop their head in every now and again. Just come out and hang out, you dont even got to eat something. I promise, we wont bite.

Of course my Yaris will be there, at least until I get my MR2.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote