Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
yaris prime
Yes- I fit in it.

Drives: 2007 Yaris liftback, MT
Deer Hit

Well, I'd show you some pictures, but there is nothing to show!!
I can't believe it, but there is absolutely no damage to the car. A smallish doe popped up on my left, I slammed on the brakes and heard a fairly loud thud. The deer was thrown to the shoulder and stumbling to try and get up. It was a very bad area to stop, so I went up the road about 200 yards and pulled into a parking lot to survey the damage. Nothing ! I walked around the car 4 times thinking there has got to be some damage; headlight, bumper cover, fender, mirror, but nada ! When I went back to see about the deer, I couldn't see it anywhere, so maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought. Maybe my fresh coat of NXT 2.0 wax helped slide the deer off the car
I hit a deer a few years ago with my civic, didn't sound quite as loud, but that one took out my mirror, part of my fender, and my door.
Consider me lUCKY !
Old 07-18-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Depends upon how fast you're going too. Faster you go the harder you hit the deer.

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:47 AM   #3
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Maybe you should send that story to the makers of NXT 2.0
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:04 AM   #4
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Deer are tough animals. I've heard of them getting nailed and half destroying the front of the car, and walking off... It's why deer hunters have to use such sharp pointed rifle ammo to kill them (and why the bow and arrow hunters use those wicked looking razor tipped arrows) The front of the Yaris is a rubbery plastic backed by foam and has a lot of flex so I imagine the hit was cushioned a lot. Also the sound deadening on your Civic was prolly a lot better then your Yaris, so the bang just seemed louder on the inside this time... just MHO

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
could have been a tire hit
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
Depends upon how fast you're going too. Faster you go the harder you hit the deer.

Gene
REEAALLYYY
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote