Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
Chevy Recalls Cruze After A Steering Wheel Falls Off

just in..

http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/a...chevrolet.html
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
hehe...must have been the guys last day on the job when that car got built
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
brg88tx

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan, Auto
lol, gubment motors
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Look ma , no steering !!! Could be the next X-treme sporting event .

Last edited by Hershey; 04-12-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
likely built on a friday afternoon of a long weekend, lol
Old 04-24-2011, 04:45 AM   #6
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
They will be back into bankruptcy in a few years.....I feel it!
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
some of you are pretty hard on them for one malfunction among thousands and thousands of vehicles. maybe put it in perspective. last i recall toyota's record isn't exactly blemish free either. or any company that makes anything in any industry for that matter.

or refer to them as government motors and predict their bankruptcy over one car. it's whatever you wanna do.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #8
carnageehw

Drives: 2010 Fusion Hybrid
Is it really a recall if they are just inspecting people's cars?

The only recall that matters is one where they know they have sent out cars that now need a fix.
carnageehw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Toyota's record is much much better, or did you miss the report that the latest fiasco was a bunch of bs?

And i can't really think of much worse things then the steering wheel falling off. That has to be one of the worse things to happen.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #10
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Yeah I missed the report. Nevermind. Toyota is flawless. Except a small family did die in one of those Toyota cases whereas no one was injured in anyway when the steering wheel fell off the Cruze in question. Just sayin.

My biggest problem with the Toyota accelerator fiasco was that everyone was blowing it way way way out of proportion. Besides the initial case where a floor mat was supposedly stuck and that family died all the other incidents seemed like either the result of stupidity or someone trying to cash in.

And as much as I don't like Chevy I feel like it's pretty ignorant to turn around and blow this out of proportion too. It was one case. And no one even sorta kinda got hurt. And yeah, it's not even technically a recall.

Sorry it's the "Government Motors" thing that really gets under my skin. Like that has anything to do with their engineering and manufacturing capability. Ford happens to have a pretty major recall on their record books that just so happened to kill a few people I know. But are they somehow still better cause they didn't take bailout money. Like I said, I'm sorry, but that just irritates me to no end.

EDIT: Let me clear this one thing up and I'll stop posting in this thread. CHEVY IS STILL A PRIVATE COMPANY!!** In fact companies take money from the government all the time and it doesn't mean the government owns them. JHC!

**Yes they have shareholders now but they are private in the sense that they aren't government run. Which is a ridiculous notion. If anything it's the other way around.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #11
carnageehw

Drives: 2010 Fusion Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
My biggest problem with the Toyota accelerator fiasco was that everyone was blowing it way way way out of proportion.
If something ever goes horribly wrong on my car, I hope it's that my accelerator sticks. It has got to be the easiest malfunction to correct while driving.

Quote:
And as much as I don't like Chevy I feel like it's pretty ignorant to turn around and blow this out of proportion too. It was one case. And no one even sorta kinda got hurt. And yeah, it's not even technically a recall.
Indeed. This quote from the article is pretty bad as well
"Now you're''speeding along holding the suddenly useless wheel. It sounds like a vision from a cartoon, or every driver's nightmare. It happened to at least one driver of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze compact car last month"

Based on the fact that no one was hurt and that it doesn't actually say the steering wheel "came OFF", i doubt that this is a big deal.
carnageehw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
springfield arms is about the only company i can think of that has NEVER had any recalls....i'll stick with them, anyone else i deal with i'll expect problems.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #13
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
Yeah I missed the report. Nevermind. Toyota is flawless. Except a small family did die in one of those Toyota cases whereas no one was injured in anyway when the steering wheel fell off the Cruze in question. Just sayin.

My biggest problem with the Toyota accelerator fiasco was that everyone was blowing it way way way out of proportion. Besides the initial case where a floor mat was supposedly stuck and that family died all the other incidents seemed like either the result of stupidity or someone trying to cash in.

Sorry it's the "Government Motors" thing that really gets under my skin. Like that has anything to do with their engineering and manufacturing capability. Ford happens to have a pretty major recall on their record books that just so happened to kill a few people I know. But are they somehow still better cause they didn't take bailout money. Like I said, I'm sorry, but that just irritates me to no end.

EDIT: Let me clear this one thing up and I'll stop posting in this thread. CHEVY IS STILL A PRIVATE COMPANY!!** In fact companies take money from the government all the time and it doesn't mean the government owns them. JHC!

**Yes they have shareholders now but they are private in the sense that they aren't government run. Which is a ridiculous notion. If anything it's the other way around.
sorry but when the president of the usa appoints not only the ceo, but the entire board of directors, the company is no longer private, or even public. It is a government run company.

And people die in car accidents all the time, it does not mean the accidents are the fault of the car manufacturers.

the federal government came out with a report that stated none of the accidents or deaths were the fault of any defects or vehicle problems they could find. And this was the government that was willing to do or say anything to tarnish toyota's reputation.

BTW, companies do not take government money all the time. any company that takes money from any government or government agency should immediately be forced into bankruptcy, have all assets sold to the highest bidder, and have all company executives forced to sign waivers stating they will not work in the same industry ever again.

i would rather have seen both gm and chrysler fail miserably then to see two garbage companies held up and allowed to continue on. This only stagnates the entire american car industry, instead of allowing new people with new ideas step to the forefront.