Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #73
suprajoey

Drives: 08' Yaris
Sweet, thanks so much on the great Thread...!!
suprajoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #74
rye7jen

Drives: 2nz-fe '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZGRL View Post
I just took some pliers and pulled the badges off. Whatever tape was left I was able to pick off and used goo-gone for the stubborn parts. Really easy.
Hi there! I have this Goo-gone also, but how did you applied it? I've read the directions but maybe you can share how did you apply this goo-gone thing. TIA
rye7jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #75
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by rye7jen View Post
Hi there! I have this Goo-gone also, but how did you applied it? I've read the directions but maybe you can share how did you apply this goo-gone thing. TIA
It's quite easy. Here's what I did:

Just get your Goo Gone and some paper towel. Take 1 sheet and fold it up a few times to make a small square.

Apply some Goo Gone to the paper towel. Wipe it generously across the foam/tape that's left on the car. Coat it well and let it sink in for a minute or two.

Pick an edge to start from, and just use your fingers to start peeling the foam off.

Feel free to re-apply the Goo Gone periodically as you go. It does work better if you give it time to sink in and loosen the adhesive.

Also you may want to do this step at a car wash, like I did.

If you're anything like me, your car will end up with WD-40 and Goo Gone all over the place. After I was done I just gave it a car wash, and it was all nice and clean and debadged.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #76
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^1 good instructions, although I use a cloth and not a paper towel.

Using plenty of product is the best advice!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #77
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
added it to the original post
Old 07-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #78
MichaelLC
Nothing to Report

Drives: N/A
Can/should you de-badge an older model?

Looking at getting an '07 and would like to remove the back letters, but think it might be too "baked in" to the paint?
MichaelLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #79
Tylermayer

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelLC View Post
Can/should you de-badge an older model?

Looking at getting an '07 and would like to remove the back letters, but think it might be too "baked in" to the paint?
i have an 07 i took mine off and you can tell the difference but once you wax it really good it will look fine!
Tylermayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #80
MichaelLC
Nothing to Report

Drives: N/A
Tylermayer, thanks.

Still have to get one, but I'll give it a try. Waxing will make it go faster too, right?
MichaelLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #81
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Drives: 09 Yaris 3D; 05 R6; 00civic si
Quote:
Originally Posted by rye7jen View Post
I pretty much did what RedHatch did. :)

Simply squirt some on a paper towel, rub it on the foam that was stubborn and let it soak in. I was able to rub it off with the pad of my fingers and fingernails. Then I wiped down the area with water after to make sure any goo gone residue was gone.

A recent pic:

KRAZGRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:05 AM   #82
rye7jen

Drives: 2nz-fe '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHatch08 View Post
It's quite easy. Here's what I did:

Just get your Goo Gone and some paper towel. Take 1 sheet and fold it up a few times to make a small square.

Apply some Goo Gone to the paper towel. Wipe it generously across the foam/tape that's left on the car. Coat it well and let it sink in for a minute or two.

Pick an edge to start from, and just use your fingers to start peeling the foam off.

Feel free to re-apply the Goo Gone periodically as you go. It does work better if you give it time to sink in and loosen the adhesive.

Also you may want to do this step at a car wash, like I did.

If you're anything like me, your car will end up with WD-40 and Goo Gone all over the place. After I was done I just gave it a car wash, and it was all nice and clean and debadged.
Thanks! I already used WD40 to remove the foam tape and it give a nice result too, I might used that "goo-gone" product next for my rear Toyota logo.
rye7jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #83
JTDBT903

Drives: '08 SEDAN 5 SPD.
I have used a generic version of this 3m Pinstriping Remover wheel that I got from my local auto body paint store, I think I paid less than $20.00 for it and have removed countless emblems and even pinstiping on my '91 Caprice with little effort. Well worth it and no paint damage or marring at all. This is what professional people in autobody use to get the residual from emblems/moldings/striping off. This reminds me of a giant eraser [the good kind] that you used back in school. Put it in you cordless drill and your emblem [residual] will be gone in seconds. Take the actual emblem off with fishline first!

Link to a quick Google search.

http://www.yotatech.com/f2/how-pinst...ics-56k-70756/

Old 10-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #84
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
would just WD40 and dentalfloss work for debadging and would it be easy to rebadge it again later
Old 10-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #85
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
bump my question still stands, wanna know if wd40 and dental floss will cut it, interested in blacking out yaris and toyota
Old 10-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #86
donchae
noob-toob

Drives: 2007 yaris 4dr sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post
bump my question still stands, wanna know if wd40 and dental floss will cut it, interested in blacking out yaris and toyota
i used heat gun, wd40, and dental floss when i debadged my car.. they worked really well.. i think for the emblems to come off easily, you'd have to use a heat source. i don't know exactly if both just wd40 and dental floss would work just fine.

donchae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:05 AM   #87
chrisj
Hooch Brewer-Shine Sipper

Drives: 2009 5-dr LB
I used the heat of the sun and some fishing line to debadge mine. Took 30 seconds per. Dental floss broke on me every time. Besides, it was damned hard to find. People in S. Jesus don't floss...or have teeth! :)
Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #88
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
I removed and painted my emblems today but they are not on the car yet Still letting clear coat dry. I purchased the 3M body tape and was wondering if people covered every part of the emblems on the back with the tape or if they only did like the top and bottoms?
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #89
Tylermayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprajoey View Post
Hahaha, i read the damm post three time, before i went out side to remove the front and paint it black, but the rear, you say it will leave two holes? so does this mean that the badge is held together by 2 small clips? or is it held together by 2 clips (+) Plus 3M tape?? Dammit, im just thinking of masking everything around it, and sanding/paint the badge on the car, just dont want to mess up my OEM Paint.

Thanks on the Awsome Thread

BTW: Heres mine.
-Not to worry, my little truck is getting lowered this Upcoming week as well..!!

thats what i did
Old 10-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #90
Tylermayer

heres mines
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1941.jpg (92.4 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1973.jpg (126.7 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1954.jpg (112.5 KB, 248 views)