Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
Dadams

Drives: '09 yaris hatchback
Stacy the black pearl yaris :D

Okay so this thread is for nothing more then just showing off my car (and your cars if you want to) some people may say Im egotistical but hey I like how my yaris looks I want everyone to see it! Anyways Ill be posting pics of my black yaris named stacy by my closest friends and, even though I already pretty much know what Im doing already, getting suggestions and advice from people like you reading this! SO with out further ado here are some pics Ive already posted up in some other threads so some of you might have already seen them.

As you can see its completley stock except for 17" toro wheels and low profile falken tires I put on a little under a month ago. so tell me what ya think!

Next update will be window tinting an possible racing stripe decals after Christmas
Dadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Dadams

Okay so update week one! I'm going to start small so this week I'm ordering PIAA H4 HIDS and 194 arctic white wedge bulbs for the parking lights along with a custom fitted red and black leather steering wheel cover that has to be hand laced up. While those are coming in I'm taking her in to my friends specialties shop and I'm having the dome lights changed out to red high powered LED's as well as having red floor illumination installed. I'm also going to look into lowering springs. I thought about it at heart and decided lowering springs over coil overs because for one I'm not racing it I'm only going to use this car as a show car and two their a hell of a lot cheaper! But I'm still not sure which brand is best, I want to get an overall 2" drop so to all you performance nuts whats the best brand to go with? look forward to pics by the end of the weekend!

My yaris build!
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908
Please feel free to leave your oppinions! I would love to have them to see what I can improve on!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
Dadams

Got and installed my under dash illumination today as well as my dome lights! as soon as I can get ahold of a relativiley good camera Ill take some pics iPhone camera sucks :P tomorrow my license plate lights LED parking lights and leather steering wheel cover should come in!

My yaris build!
Please feel free to leave your oppinions! I would love to have them to see what I can improve on!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Nice Yaris, and the right color as well!

If you ever make it over to San Antonio let us know, maybe we'll get around to having another long-overdue Yaris meet!

Cheers! M2
Old 11-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
Dadams

Thanks man! thats just the first of many things to come. I installed all the new parts I got in the mail the past two days I just haven't gotten around to getting the camera out :P And I would loooove to go to a yarii meet! just hit me up with the details! oh and quick question since your a Texan like me, if I were to completely black out the turn signal portion of the headlights and installed some LED turn signals in the grill would that still be considered legal? I mean I could put some high powered SMD's in the turn signal slots themselves and prey they put out enough light but that in addition with the LED strip, in my opinion, should be enough right? I dunno maybe its just wishful thinking :P

My yaris build!
Old 11-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
You'll have to determine that for yourself. Here's the section from the Texas Transportation Code...

Quote:
§547.324. TURN SIGNAL LAMPS REQUIRED. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer shall be equipped with electric turn signal lamps that indicate the operator's intent to turn by displaying flashing lights to the front and rear of a vehicle or combination of vehicles and on that side of the vehicle or combination toward which the turn is to be made.

(b) Subsection (a) does not apply to a passenger car or truck less than 80 inches wide manufactured or assembled before the model year 1960.

(c) Turn signal lamps:

(1) shall be mounted at the same level and spaced as widely apart as practicable on the front and on the rear of the vehicle; and

(2) may be included as a part of another lamp on the vehicle.
(d) A turn signal lamp shall emit:

(1) a white or amber light, or a color between white and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the front of the vehicle; or

(2) a red or amber light, or a color between red and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the rear of the vehicle.
(e) A turn signal lamp must be visible in normal sunlight at a distance of:

(1) at least 500 feet from the front and rear of the vehicle if the vehicle is at least 80 inches wide; and

(2) at least 300 feet from the front and rear of the vehicle if the vehicle is less than 80 inches wide.
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
Cheers! M2

Last edited by MadMax; 11-12-2011 at 04:39 PM.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:48 AM   #7
Dadams

Dude this helps so much! so from my understanding as long as its white or amber or any color in between and it is visible in the daytime at a minimum distance of 300 feet it should be legal...

My yaris build!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
Dadams

okay heres what Ive gotten done this week!

Yaris world decal! represent! haha

red interior lighting. I have some better pics coming so please bare with the horrible quality :P

Show n' go license plate mount

new leather steering wheel cover! I had to hand stitch it but it was sooo worth it!

SMD parking lights

W/ the headlights on

Parking lights, they look alot more blue then they look i gotta get my other good camera pics up

Ive got more stuff coming in wednesday so check back then! leave your remarks if you have any please! I would like to hear what you guys think! :D

My yaris build!
Old 11-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
Dadams

Update time! over the last couple of weeks I saved up to get HID's and smoked out headlights and other assorted stuff heres some pics enjoy!

HID's 6000k

Red VW GTI style trim

New pedals

a new decal reppin that JDM pride haha

Smoked headlights

They didnt do them the way I asked them to so Im probably goin to take it back and have them finish it in a week or so. This is what I had more in mind

My yaris build!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:27 AM   #10
georgetaper
08Yaris3dr

Drives: 08 Yaris 3dr
Hit me up dude. i live in Houston now (1960/45n) Just moved here from the UK like a month ago. Bought an 08 yaris 3dr 5 speed. Got plans to put it on coilovers and stance it out. Any sort of a scene for the Yaris in H-Town.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #11
Dadams

Not much in the sense of modding truth be told I'm almost positive I have the only modde yaris in my area of cypress :P Houston I'm not sure though I haven't seen much but when you start put some pics up here I'd love to see it then maybe we can get a meet for H-town goin

My yaris build!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #12
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Who are you and where you come from
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #13
Dadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
Who are you and where you come from
Not sure I uundrrstand the question haha

My yaris build!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #14
Captain Slow
My Face Is Ridiculous

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3dr LB
typically I would not recommend them but I think on your car some of those aftermarket blackhoused projector lights might look nice.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #15
Dadams

Yeah I really wanted to get them but the only available aftermarket lights styled like that are only available for the 06-08 models and I, sadly, own a 09. The only way to make them fit is to retrofit the body which I dont really have the money to do right now, but maybe in the future!

My yaris build!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #16
Captain Slow
My Face Is Ridiculous

ah. has anybody just pulled the lenses apart and blackhoused everything but the reflector? I've done that on almost every car I've owned.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #17
Dadams

I thought about doing that but I get a little squeamish at the thought of putting my headlights in the oven lol Do you know if there is a way around doing that? Thats the most common way I've found that people do i, but if there is an alternative I would definitely consider DIM. But I do agree that would add to the look alot!

My yaris build!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #18
Captain Slow
My Face Is Ridiculous

nope, the oven (or a heat gun/hair dryer) is your only option. I've done it on many cars, you just have to take your time and make sure and seal it up good when you're done.