Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2006, 12:27 PM   #1
Snappy

Drives: 2 Yaris Hatchbacks
Liftback Air Conditioning (Cabin) Filter info

Like at least some others, I saw the filter replacement info in the owners manual and thought that a cabin filter would be a great thing to have. Went to the local US dealer with the filter p/n I had obtained from a Canadian dealer (87139-52020.) Dealer looks up part, it updates to a different filter, p/n 88568-52010-83, which is the flimsy flat sheet with raised pleats, made in the US, which fits, sorta, in the filter slot (edges look like air could seep around the filter somewhat.) Dealer shows me a printed card saying that US Yaris' cannot be updated to the A/C filter, but I buy it anyway. Fits So-so.
Yesterday I drive to the Canadian dealer for all-season mats and a block heater, and ask about the cabin filter. They have the 87139-52020 filter, which is made in japan, looks JUST like the illustration in the owners manual, and fits perfectly. There is no sticker in the box, like my old WRX had, to remind you to replace it. For me at least, I will buy the Canadian part for the future, as long as it is the same design.
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote