Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2007, 03:08 AM   #1
heavystarch

Drives: DIW
6lb 6oz ultra light weight battery

New member (just started poking around here last night) here but I wanted to contribute since I searched the forums and did not yet find this item noted.

I've always been a fan of making cars lighter and one easy way is the Braille "no weight" batteries. They have one that is just 6lbs 6oz!! They are expensive but considering a typical battery weighs 40lbs that is a nice 33lb weight loss. One caveat with their lightest battery - it's not good for cold climates. But they have one that is 11lbs 8oz that is made for daily use in normal applications.

Maybe someone could pop the battery out of their Yaris and weigh it just to see what the potential weight savings would be with either of these batteries. BTW I am in no way affiliated with braille - just think it's a great idea and only takes minutes to lose a few pounds.

Here's a link to their site:

heavystarch is offline   Reply With Quote