Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
drell42

Drives: Blank
Wow, what a drive

So this past monday I drove up to whistler BC for the first time, (i live in nanaimo, on the island) but my god what a fun road to drive. I heard that a lot of people have died on this road so i was a little worried at first but once I got on the road I reallized that the speed limit was great. The road was tight and curvy (insert your own joke here), the speed limit was about 80km exept were there was construction, which was luckily not active that day. But I would highly suggest driving this road someday, if you are comfortable with that sort of driving. Even if you want to go a little slower the views along the way are well worth it. And the end is even better. Whistler was great, even though i didnt go to snowboard, there were still people going up to board on one side and mountain bike on the other. A steady 20+ degrees and clear skys made for a great couple of day. I hightly recomend the 99.

Rick
drell42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #2
AE86Yaris

Drives: 85 AE86/blazing blue 07
winding roads are always fun with a small car, check out the Olympic penninsula drive, it has some great roads. This summer i plan to take my ae86 down the Oregon coast, it should be fun and well worth the gas.
AE86Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #3
tds12
This is my other ride.

Drives: Wht, M, Power 2007 yaris HB
Neah Bay

Try the drive to Neah Bay Wa. if you like curves. Drops off into the Straits. I lived in N.B. for a few years. Wish my Yaris H.B. factory order would come in. 10 weeks so far.
tds12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #4
yartrix

Drives: Matrix
Drell42 if you live in Nanaimo try driving to Tofino, now that is a road worth taking. I have just been there this April and loved it, propably the coolest town I have ever been to. The road is 1st class.
yartrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #5
pyromedic

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
I plan on driving through the Great smokey moutains national park, it's beautiful scenery and home of deals gap / the dragon....311 curves in 12 miles.
pyromedic is offline   Reply With Quote