Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
friedbbq

Drives: none as of yet
thinking about buying the sedan. is it worth the extra money for the s(optB) version?

do you think the antilock breaks are worth the extra money? the wheels and the body kit seem nice though.

another question, do the rear seats fold down to the trunk?

thanks.
friedbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
It depends. Some people don't like ABS, others swear by it. I have had ABS on most of my cars and am used to it. For me, I'd pay the extra cash.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
bikergal

Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedbbq
do you think the antilock breaks are worth the extra money? the wheels and the body kit seem nice though.

thanks.
Hi there friedbbq.... Take a look around the site. You will find this info scattered all around this site.
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:44 PM   #4
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:

thanks.
The ones in Canada do AFAIK...

I think its standard 60/40 too, but Id have to check to refresh my mem

Jem
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:52 PM   #5
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
The 60/40 split rear seat in the liftback folds totally flat with the trunk.

I posted a pictuure or ours a couple of days ago on this site - not sure exactly where right now - so here it is once again.

Lou
Attached Images

60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:20 AM   #6
El Jefe

Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
the rears fold down in my s sedan, and mine is an s but doesnt have the power package, so no wheels, abs, or power stuff inside, and im just fine with that.
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:30 AM   #7
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 Somethings
The 60/40 split rear seat in the liftback folds totally flat with the trunk.

I posted a pictuure or ours a couple of days ago on this site - not sure exactly where right now - so here it is once again.

Lou
The only hatch that has the 60/40 here in Canada is the RS (top model).

There is no option for it otherwise. My rear seat dont fold completely flat like that (WISH it did). I wonder if the RS would fold completely flat though... its so dope! So much better!

the non-60/40 split is the ONE think I really am fucking missing in my Yaris

Jem
Old 05-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #8
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar
The only hatch that has the 60/40 here in Canada is the RS (top model).

There is no option for it otherwise. My rear seat dont fold completely flat like that (WISH it did). I wonder if the RS would fold completely flat though... its so dope! So much better!

the non-60/40 split is the ONE think I really am fucking missing in my Yaris

Jem
Yeah, the 60/40 on the RS DO fold completely flat. I have a LE, it folded but kinda tilted, but my buddy's RS have to two switches on the seat instead of one, the other one move the seats up, so you can fold it completely.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #9
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
Yeah, the 60/40 on the RS DO fold completely flat. I have a LE, it folded but kinda tilted, but my buddy's RS have to two switches on the seat instead of one, the other one move the seats up, so you can fold it completely.
UGH!!! I soo freaking wish I had this option! Its pretty much the ONLY thing I truly *WISH* I had in my car and feel semi-so-so about not having!

I wish this point had been elaborated upon more by the dealer... I may have made me wanna go RS...

But then again, it was still a few thousand extra (even with my LE package on), and ive never been one to like the "sportier" image.

But damn a 60/40 rearback split, PLUS going flat! thats somethign I REALLY love to have had!

Jem
Old 05-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #10
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar
UGH!!! I soo freaking wish I had this option! Its pretty much the ONLY thing I truly *WISH* I had in my car and feel semi-so-so about not having!

I wish this point had been elaborated upon more by the dealer... I may have made me wanna go RS...

But then again, it was still a few thousand extra (even with my LE package on), and ive never been one to like the "sportier" image.

But damn a 60/40 rearback split, PLUS going flat! thats somethign I REALLY love to have had!

Jem
Tell me about it, I wouldn't say I regrat for what I have got, but having it flat would makes me even happier. Oh well, what's done is done. Beside, I don't really like that stock spoiler anyways.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #11
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
Tell me about it, I wouldn't say I regrat for what I have got, but having it flat would makes me even happier. Oh well, what's done is done. Beside, I don't really like that stock spoiler anyways.
Thats exactlty it. I dont regret what I got - I LOVE IT. But the 60/40 and FLAT would have been AWESOME things I'd have loved !

But yea, that stock spoiler, I actually strongly DISLIKE/hate it too... not a fan.

Im love my LE 5door!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #12
YotaYarisUSA

Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue
You don't need ABS, on the Yaris,why you just don't,trust me. The brakes that come standard are just fine, you can pay for the ABS,but you want be doing any better with them.

Also, I wouldn't add power windows,or all that stuff either. The standard Sedan is a true bargin price. Once you add power everything the price gets away from its true bargin price,of the Yaris.

The Yaris is a wonderful car,its a true winner,one of the best cars every made,this little car should last you for many, many years, to come if you take good care of her!!!

Best of luck with your Yaris, take care :) What color are you getting?

YotaYarisUSA
YotaYarisUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:55 PM   #13
friedbbq

Drives: none as of yet
that is my same sort of theory also. go either the bare minimum or live it up big!

i wanted to get new toyota double cab tacoma/tundra/ or maybe the FJ cruiser. The car payment + the premium insurance would be >700 bucks a month. well after snapping back to reality, i decided that the yaris would be the most practical and wisest choice.

i plan to either get the silver or dark silver. i havent seen them yet on the lot. hoping to as soon as my loan check comes in the mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaYarisUSA
You don't need ABS, on the Yaris,why you just don't,trust me. The brakes that come standard are just fine, you can pay for the ABS,but you want be doing any better with them.

Also, I wouldn't add power windows,or all that stuff either. The standard Sedan is a true bargin price. Once you add power everything the price gets away from its true bargin price,of the Yaris.

The Yaris is a wonderful car,its a true winner,one of the best cars every made,this little car should last you for many, many years, to come if you take good care of her!!!

Best of luck with your Yaris, take care :) What color are you getting?

YotaYarisUSA
friedbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:03 AM   #14
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
The FJ Cruiser is pretty nice. Every one I've seen on a lot though is $30k or more. Ouch.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:53 PM   #15
Yaris

Drives: 2010 LB Meteor Metallic
thinking about buying the sedan. is it worth the extra money for the s(optB) version?

Quote:

thanks.

Here is the link to an auto writer's evaluation of the Yaris Sedan in today's Toronto Star.

http://tinyurl.com/oo9yc
Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote