Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
yaristhebest

Drives: Yaris 2012 Sedan
My car doesn't start

Hi,

I own a 2012 Yaris Sedan 5 speed MT. It's a new car, just one week of use with approximately 300km but I'm having an issue, a serious one: sometimes my car refuses to start. It started to happen 2 days ago. Here is the history:

I was driving for around 30 minutes and then parked at a friend's house but since I'm still an unexperienced driver I parked my car in a wrong way so I wanted to re-start my car again (I turned it off) so I can adjust my park and then my car didn't started! For the record, I press all the clutch and then move the key to the "START" position to boot the engine (I think that's the proper way to start the car). Well, since the car was unable to start I tried again and again like 5 times and then finally it started! I did some movements to adjust my parking and then turned it off again and got inside my friend's house to eat something. Then 1 hour later I got off his house and my car turned on without issues and I went back to my house.

Next day it happened the same, after parking and turning my car off I tried to turn it on again (in less than 2 minutes) to fix my bad parking (I'm learning) and my car refused to start again! This time I was in a hurry so I got inside my University and then 4 hours later I got inside my car again and it turned on without a single hassle!

Now, today I'm stuck at my garage. I can't get outside because my car refuses to start. I have tried many times and it doesn't start. It sucks because it's a new car, I don't know what's going on. I have noticed something... when the key is on the "ON" position the control panel of my car looks this way: http://i50.tinypic.com/34qqtmx.jpg

Those 2 icons on the control panel disappear after approximately 3 seconds. The first one (from left to right) changes with a green icon that says "COOL" and the second one simply disappears. Here is the look of the control panel after these 3 seconds: http://i49.tinypic.com/24mduec.jpg

I'm not sure if all those icons means something good or bad but if I remember correctly they all were present since the moment when I got my car out of the store. And when my car starts then they all disappear, they only are there when the key is on the "ON" position.

Please guys I don't understand because it's not the first time that my car refuses to start and as you can see on the pictures there is enough gas so I really don't know what is going on.

In the manual that came with my car it says that my engine could be "inundated" and it suggest me to attempt to start my car with the accelerator in for 20 seconds or something like that but I'm scared of doing that, maybe it will further damage my car

Thank you!
yaristhebest is offline   Reply With Quote