Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #19
highwaypass
Captain Slow

Drives: '08 1.5 hatchback
once,it happened to me too.Each time i put my transmission to neutral,it goes same as yours.
Mine was 1.5 hb M/T. When i check it to my dealer,they say that they just do some lubrication to the gearbox.I dunno what parts,but it works well with mine.
highwaypass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #20
soup1207

Drives: Yaris 2009 automatic
I see....thanks,
I start to realize that it happen at the beginning I start the engine. After I speed up several time, the weird vibrating sound disappear. It happens again when I turn off the engine for about half an hour to 45 mins.
I just talked to my dealer today and they suggest me to leave my car for them overnight....
so they can let the car cool down and check it.
I am going to do it on Saturday.
soup1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:13 PM   #21
highwaypass
Captain Slow

Drives: '08 1.5 hatchback
Good luck then,and welcome to yaris!
highwaypass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #22
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD424 View Post
Still doesn't make the car quick lol. And I'm well aware that it doesn't have that crap Vtech.
My cars is quick, whats wrong with yours? You gotta use good oil (motul or total), good fiilter (purolator, wix - not toyota) and good gas (shell) and leave the radio/cd off. There is an electrical interference problem with the stock radio wiring. If you have a 5-spd 3 dr you should get to 60 in the 7-to-8 second range with ONE shift. If you got a 4 door auto you are doomed
TheSilkySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #23
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro View Post

I have 50,000miles on the car so far. This coming week I am going to change my motor oil(royal purple with 6000miles on it), and transmission fluid. I am going to also replace the spark plugs, and maybe even the cables if need be. At the end I will also be replacing the drum shoes, and the shocks.

Honestly I say all that but at the same time have $0 to do it all. *sighs*
The stock oil filters are defective - use a wix 51396 or a Purolator. The RP oil doesnt work well in this car. Just run Mobil clean 5000 or 7500 or Penzoil Platinum 5w-30. if you have the bucks run Motul 8100 . You use the wrong stuff the vvti oiling gets messed up and the car runs bad. I Cannot overemphasize how important it is NOT to use the black toyota denso filters for tthe car to run correctly.
TheSilkySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #24
SilverGlow
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilkySmooth View Post
The stock oil filters are defective - use a wix 51396 or a Purolator. The RP oil doesnt work well in this car. Just run Mobil clean 5000 or 7500 or Penzoil Platinum 5w-30. if you have the bucks run Motul 8100 . You use the wrong stuff the vvti oiling gets messed up and the car runs bad. I Cannot overemphasize how important it is NOT to use the black toyota denso filters for tthe car to run correctly.
And I cannot overemphasize how wrong you are about Toyota filters. They are more then fine, Granpa, or whatever your other user id is/was. I've used the black Toyota filters for the last 62,000 miles and all my UOA are excellent, regardless of the brand of oil.
SilverGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #25
The little red pill
Taking care of Bubbles

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB "Bubbles"
Sounds like a good idea to just have it checked out. Since it's not a maintenance item, any work should be covered under warranty. Even if not, they are legally bound to provide you with a written estimate before any work is done.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #26
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
My car has had that vibration every since I bought it.

As for the bad sound some of the time, under 2000k rpm, especially if there is strain on the engine I just found out, like going up a hill; this has only been an issue of rmaybe the last month or two at the most. Same time I know I have to change the oil.

So what is this that I should not use royal purple, nor use the stock air filter in the box?

Wow, what should I use then because I plan on buying the oil today or monday at the latest.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:32 AM   #27
soup1207

I got my car back from dealer and they can't even hear the vibration.....
the noise seems got disappear in a shorter time than before although they still happens.

Lafiro, do you mean that every time you hear that noise you would go to have oil change?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:42 AM   #28
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Actually.. i heard some vibrations when accelerating from 2krpm or below. I heard it most when i have the rear seat flipped down.

probably just the muffler rocking around..
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #29
soup1207

The dealer said they can't hear any sound and put my case on record. They ask me check again when the first time oil change has come.

Would they charge me if they finally find out the problem at the time I have my first time oil change? The problem started to happen at the first week I got the car.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #30
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup1207 View Post
I got my car back from dealer and they can't even hear the vibration.....
the noise seems got disappear in a shorter time than before although they still happens.

Lafiro, do you mean that every time you hear that noise you would go to have oil change?
No, It does that all the time.
Its hard to explain because my car has a few problems.

******First off, from 1400-1800RPM, especially taking off, and on a slight hill, my engine sounds like the valves aren't getting enough oil and sounds like they are stuggling bad. After a little more gas, and higher RPM, it goes away.

******Another problem is that in nuetral, the car vibrates at about 1800RPM.

Another problem, usually only after the car is used, is that when I come to a ******stop, the car is sqeaking a lot.
This I can replicate by driving the car, stopping, and opening my windows, or even just my door, or better yet, sitting next to a brick wall, like a garage or a drive thru. Its very annoying, and I cant figure out whats causing the noise. It goes away though after the car sits for a bit, or I take it out of D/R.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #31
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I have that same weird metallic sound coming from the engine bay as well. Mine started after I hit a concrete block on the freeway at 60 mph. It doesn't appear when I'm in neutral, only appears when I'm driving around 2k and 4k rpm. Nothing was damaged other than my front bumper and some plastic panels under the front bumper, so I have no clue what it is.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #32
Sir A.Y. Atoyot

Drives: '08 5-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro View Post
.........I have 50,000miles on the car so far. This coming week I am going to change my motor oil(royal purple with 6000miles on it), and transmission fluid. I am going to also replace the spark plugs, and maybe even the cables if need be. At the end I will also be replacing the drum shoes, and the shocks........
Well, you can save what you were going to spend on spark plug cables - your Yaris doesn't use 'em. Must be nice to have a lot of money - the brake parts and shocks shouldn't need to be touched on a car with this mileage.
Sir A.Y. Atoyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #33
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilkySmooth
There is an electrical interference problem with the stock radio wiring
wtf are you talking about?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #34
soup1207

Here is my situation. If you got any clue after seeing it, please let me know. I also sent it to my dealer as they said they don't hear any noise for the last road test....><

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXAYACWo7wk
Old 06-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #35
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
for the record everyone... its NOT VTECH....that is a childs toy brand... its VTEC.

you car is brand new...take it to the dealer and get them to take car of it.
also...why does everything silkysmooth say seem to NOT make the slightest amount of logical sense?......
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #36
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilkySmooth View Post
everything in this statement is incorrect..the black oem filters are 100% fine and will perform just as good as the next alternative...heck i use a cummins fleetguard filter in my car..... ive used royal purple in my car in both engine and transmission and i will continue to use it because it works just fine.
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote