Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Hate for Yaris?

I read where one poster here has had their Yaris keyed (bastard!). I'd like to know what prompted this.

Have any of you experienced Yaris hate either directly or indirectly?

As we all know there is a certain SUV element that will tailgate, intimidate, or otherwise bully a moving Yaris (i have experienced this since I got mine...although I could drive a Ford 350 Super Duty in Atlanta and receive the same treatment LOL).

Anyone been yelled at or god forbid, threatened for driving our beloved Yaris?

Just interested.

In their warped muscle-car, minivan, and truck minds, there are MANY freaks (mostly George W Bush lovers i would presume) out there on the roads and in public places (parking lots) who HATE the very concept of a gas-efficient, 'green' eco-friendly vehicle.

For my sake, Im armed and range trained (.45 cal pistol in the steering wheel dash box just in case)! Kinda blows the image of friendly tree-hugger out of the water doesnt it!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
MrJester

Drives: homo
I have experienced some of this during my trip the last couple days. Muscle cars wanna try to show you up in the small car and what not blows there mind when you can actually keep up with em HaHa :)
MrJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
Im sure I as everyone else has had problems with 'larger' vehicles assuming your little car either cant keep up with traffic or are simply another roadblock turd.
Im starting to lose my mind with how many pricks especially in trucks just pull out infront of me. If I have to give my kids whiplash because I need to hammer on the brakes to not plow into the back of some truck theres a problem.
Tailgating as well, those same brakes come in quite handy when the kids arent in the car...
Actually stopped an Escalade in the middle of the highway on the weekend and got out. The guy must have been shitting his pants, he burned out backward up the highway almost smashing into the van stopped behind him then proceeded to go sideways by me and almost into the merridian before taking off down the highway.... he'd been fucking with me for miles.
yeah redyaris... dont think I need a gun
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #4
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post

In their warped muscle-car, minivan, and truck minds, there are MANY freaks (mostly George W Bush lovers i would presume) out there on the roads and in public places (parking lots) who HATE the very concept of a gas-efficient, 'green' eco-friendly vehicle.
HEY! i drive a minivan and DIDNT vote for that monkey! hate on SUV drivers, but dont hate on ME!

--B
Old 02-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by static808 View Post
HEY! i drive a minivan and DIDNT vote for that monkey! hate on SUV drivers, but dont hate on ME!

--B

LOL I included minivans because I get tailed by more of them than anything else it seems...and mostly by self-absorbed chicks late to aerobics!!!!

Some of the minivan maniacs i've encountered could be turned loose on the indycar circuit and do well!

Incredible how they drive WITH CHILDREN IN THERE WITH THEM!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeukrainetz View Post
Im starting to lose my mind with how many pricks especially in trucks just pull out infront of me.
Come down to Rhode Island, mike.... That's a must-do move here, apparently. Lots of light and horn at least speeds them up a bit.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:13 PM   #7
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
LOL I included minivans because I get tailed by more of them than anything else it seems...and mostly by self-absorbed chicks late to aerobics!!!!

Some of the minivan maniacs i've encountered could be turned loose on the indycar circuit and do well!

Incredible how they drive WITH CHILDREN IN THERE WITH THEM!
hahaha, duly noted! in my old civic, i was always doing 85 in the fast lane. now, i'm doing 65 with my sienna in the truck lane. amazing what kids SHOULD do to you. actually, you know where SUV and pickup drivers piss me off the most?? its not on the road, but rather at parking lots. i had no idea there were laws that said SUVs could take up two compact parking spaces. but dont worry, my KEYS get very dull whenever i see that BS happening. hey, if they can afford to drive an escalade and take up TWO parking spots, then they can afford to pay a bodyshop to get rid of all the scratches i just etched into their vehicles. call me a believer in karma....

--B
Old 02-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #8
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I see a few people looking at the car and laughing a bit. Its all good... the car makes me happy, so screw them.

My favorite was when someone in a Ford Probe with a kit laughed at me once. I couldn't help but laugh back right before I dropped into second and ran a half moon around his ass.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #9
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
yeah, i get tailgated a lot, but i don't speed up. i just slow down even more
either that or i get out of the lane and let them pass me. then i move back into that lane and tailgate them. lol...
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #10
Snake

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Snake
everybody hates on the yaris
especially when you pass them doing 100mph lol
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
sam07yaris

Drives: 07 yaris sedan (silver) STICK
speaking of chics in minivans, i saw one this morning, lol
Old 02-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #12
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Typically the people that feel they "need" a hummer or larger aren't exactly the most passive bunch.

I was looking at some new jeep that suked (shows how interested i was, heh) and some guy hops in the car "this is the big d!k edition - u get dis and the ladies jus jump in"

Anyone needing to buy a car to compensate for "something", is probably the same person that runs you off the road to compensate for their lack of sanity.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:20 PM   #13
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
Actually, I've always agreed with Spkrman, the bigger the vehicle... the smaller the equipment, and guys, we lied... size matters! By reverse, it says really good things about the guys that have the cahones to drive Yariis. But back to the topic of the day...

Although I've been tailgated by one too many hummer intent on etching his name on my back bumper, I'm coming off of a really good weekend. Had several people in parking lots ask me about the car, expressing interest & even had one of them sit in it to check out the spacious feel. Not feeling the hate, at least not this week.
Typer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:40 PM   #14
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
I will sometimes get tailgated, or lured into speeding with other cars. Size doesn't matter, many cars have teased with me; SUVs, BMWs, other late model imports, even old domestics.

I'm Chinese and drive a black Yaris with tinted windows. It helps when Chinese/Asians are considered automatic criminals or gang associates in my neighbourhood

It gets quite amusing to have a stare down competition with another Asian male, presumably a gangster.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:42 PM   #15
tiksman

Drives: 07 Red Hatch
I get it almost every day. They pull up next to me and slow down just trying to screw with the car. I dont care I need the car for my long commute and I will never go back to the 12 mpg gas hog I came out of. Worst one I had was a Charger who thought he could keep up in a curve and he damm near lost it. He got pissed and rode my ass until I slowed to 35 mph he still would not pass so I pulled over and he started to stop until he seen me getting out.
tiksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #16
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
yea i get that everyday too....but when you put rims on it, drop it, tint it, put in a stereo ive gotten a little more respect...

but in the forums for my old car, man when i had posted that i got rid of mile and bought a yaris.....it was nothing but "damn that cars ugly" and "i hope you got a gf cause you aint gettin no ass in that thing"....

just a bunch of stupid comments, i dont crack comments on anyones ride because everyone has their own taste.....but i do crack comments on riced out vehicles. zip tied bumpers, 747 wings, stickers everywhere, crap speakers as loud as they can go.....but thats normal lol

but i have gotten stopped as well on how it runs, is it comfortable....stuff like that

just going to be jerks always out there....nothing anyone can do
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:37 PM   #17
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Wow I'm actually quite glad, as insane as drivers are here, they are overall very polite. Plus I usually follow the fastest traffic, so there's not usually anyone close behind to tailgate me

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #18
gabagooo

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Little Big Car

No road rage, but I have noticed a lot of people who smile. Smile, perhaps, becasue I am 5'11", 305 lbs. Big man, little car. I actually have more room in that Yaris than I did in my Civic. I have had people call the Yaris a "clown car." Haters.