Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
Indianspringsaz

Drives: 07 Bitchin Blue HB
Thumbs up Yaris reviews

The Yaris 3 door is a outstanding car for my $11,889. Some of the Mags that are reviewing it must be forgeting the price and the purpose of the Yaris. My paint is fine. I am glad that it doesnt have 30 lbs. extra paint. Bottem line is there is alot of VALUE in the Yaris
Indianspringsaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianspringsaz View Post
The Yaris 3 door is a outstanding car for my $11,889. Some of the Mags that are reviewing it must be forgeting the price and the purpose of the Yaris. My paint is fine. I am glad that it doesnt have 30 lbs. extra paint. Bottem line is there is alot of VALUE in the Yaris
I agree with you 100%. People who give this car poor reviews seem to give it a poor review because of it's simplicity. I think they're forgetting that it's the entry level model and that there is value in simplicity when it's coupled with quality.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
It's interesting to me that the xB got such rave reviews when the Yaris has a nearly identical engine, transmission, suspeision and such.

I haven't seen many scathing reviews about the Yaris; just several that state it's not the best in class. If it were the price of a Rio or Accent and came with the same amount of standard equipment, I think we'd be getting much different reviews.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Indianspringsaz

Were not talking about Audi A-3, or a 3 series BMW here. I really think some of them are forgetting the price point. I am glad I made the purchase. Great little car.....
Old 07-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
If it were the price of a Rio or Accent and came with the same amount of standard equipment, I think we'd be getting much different reviews.
The Koeans have to load their vehicles up with all the goodies as standard equipment to be competitive because they can't produce vehicles with the same level of build quality or reliability, and their vehicles aren't as technologically advanced as Toyota's. It's too bad the reviewers don't take that into consideration before they start bashing. Korean vehicles truely are CHEAP.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #6
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
I think the reviews are so bad because those reviewers are biased. keep in mind, they are probably comparing it to a lot of high-end vehicles and the yaris isn't intended to be a high-end vehicles. Besides, I've never trusted "expert" reviews for anything. User reviews is what truly matters.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #7
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Yes, but user reveiws are often very biased, too -- especially if that user owns the car.

This is why I suggest driving EVERYTHING on the market you're intersted in, sometimes multiple times. I drove my xB four times before buying it.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #8
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
The Koeans have to load their vehicles up with all the goodies as standard equipment to be competitive because they can't produce vehicles with the same level of build quality or reliability, and their vehicles aren't as technologically advanced as Toyota's. It's too bad the reviewers don't take that into consideration before they start bashing. Korean vehicles truely are CHEAP.

Amen!
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
sherryberry

Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
Yes, but user reveiws are often very biased, too -- especially if that user owns the car.

This is why I suggest driving EVERYTHING on the market you're intersted in, sometimes multiple times. I drove my xB four times before buying it.
true hehe but users do not expect the yaris to be as fast as a mustang or whatnot. They get it for similar reasons that we would get it for. And I always think the ones who say it's so bad because it's a death trap or whatnot are people who just cannot drive Of course, you should always test drive. That's just a given.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:09 PM   #10
Pavel Olavich
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Yaris is not a bad car. The reviewers are not often bias. Only a Yaris owner will speak so highly of their car....these same people are hypocrates because then fail to see the flaws in their Yaris, that really are there...so they accuse reviewers of being bias....makes one wonder what the average age of posters is on this site....I guess a lot of teens post here...
Pavel Olavich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
Turbo&Auto

Drives: 07
The paint thing is kinda irritating now. My car is 4 months old with 13K on it, I have a ton of rusty paint chips on the car already :( I'm EXTREMELY unhappy with the paint on this car. The Matrix was a hell of a lot better as far as the OEM paint goes.
Turbo&Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:20 PM   #12
sherryberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Olavich View Post
Yaris is not a bad car. The reviewers are not often bias. Only a Yaris owner will speak so highly of their car....these same people are hypocrates because then fail to see the flaws in their Yaris, that really are there...so they accuse reviewers of being bias....makes one wonder what the average age of posters is on this site....I guess a lot of teens post here...
I thought most people here were over the age of 18. yeah, I like my car but I know the flaws that are there. And when I read reviews by reviewers, it always seems like they're comparing it to a higher-class car. everyone has a bias. it's inevitable
Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #13
Indianspringsaz

Quote:
I am 41 and I love the car based on "bang for the buck".
Now if they would just make it with a Turbo Diesel for us in the USA. Something in the 65mpg range.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #14
steved
Yaris Rules!!

Drives: 2007 Red Yaris Liftback a/t
Quote:
I'm 35, and I love my Yaris. And I did find a few flaws. People asked me already about the car and I gave my honest opinion on the good and bad.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #15
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Hate to say it but recently turned 50. Anybody buying the Yaris knows going it that they are getting a VERY basic car. This is not a $50,000 car with NAV, DVD, leather heated seats, BOSE stereo, etc. A very basic car with great MPG. But the paint should not be failing already no matter what car you buy. Those folks need to take it back to the dealer and be firm about a resolution.

Kevin

Quote:
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #16
Pavel Olavich
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearturtle44 View Post
Hate to say it but recently turned 50. Anybody buying the Yaris knows going it that they are getting a VERY basic car. This is not a $50,000 car with NAV, DVD, leather heated seats, BOSE stereo, etc. A very basic car with great MPG. But the paint should not be failing already no matter what car you buy. Those folks need to take it back to the dealer and be firm about a resolution.

Kevin

My only complaint with my LB is the paint...that aside, it's just a fine cheap reliable car...no more no less.
Pavel Olavich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:14 AM   #17
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
I read reviews and spec sheets for 3 months before buying. Ocassionally the text in an article was a little different than the spec sheet in the same article (showing a little bias). But overall they were fair. Just have to pay attention to the items that make a difference to your needs.....I'm happy.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:39 AM   #18
Vanderkitten

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
It is what it is, and it serves to whom asks of its service. There, you can go quote that and sound edumacated.

Anyhow, I get stopped on the street in my Yaris all of the time and people as k about it (it's in my signature line). Sure, it's not a Mini, or whatever, but look at that car... $12,500, plus $899 in rims and tires and $150 for springs (I have coil-overs) it's a bad-ass looking car for $13,500... and handles great! That's why TRD needs to get serious, cut their Xa losses and open up the TRD catalog to the Yaris.
Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com
Les Schwab Tires http://www.lesschwab.com
317 graphics http://www.317graphics.com
Vanderkitten is offline   Reply With Quote