Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
renone
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris
2007 Hatch Ac Problems

First time post long time reader . I inherited a 2007 Hatch with 22,000 miles . The ac started acting crazy about a two weeks ago . The compressor would short cycle . Had a ac guy look at it and determined it was the compressor locking up . So i ordered a new compressor . New Drier . New Oil and New expansion device . We changed all the parts ran flush through the system ran a vacuum and checked for leaks . No problems . We put a little over 12 ounces of refrigerant back in . Drove home noticed it wasnt to cold . This morning back to where i started . It short cycled for a while and now wont cycle at all . The fan wont even come on . It would when it would short cycle . I am at my ends and wonder if you guys have any suggestions . Also used a scan tool to check DTC from the ac there were none . All sensors seem to be in working order . Help please
renone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Did the scan tool used actually support the Toyota specific comm for getting the DTCs from the AC ECU (since standard scantools do not)?

My guess without seeing DTC data is the pressure transducer being bad, as we've seen a couple of people on here have them fail.