Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-30-2006, 01:08 AM   #1
abcando

Drives: Xb
How many 5-speed manual with power package?

Hi everyone! My first time posting here although been checking out this site for a while now. I'm very interested to get a yaris LB with a 5-speed manual trans. but would really prefer one with the power options. As I've been reading it is still very hard to get one but I think I'm willing to wait which works better for me so I can save some more for down payment. Anyway, I'm wondering how many people here (in U.S.) in the forum are able to get this package yet.
abcando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:28 AM   #2
James

Drives: 95 civic ex coupe
when I went to the dealership,
they had a white LB, manual, with power options.
it was the only LB they had, but then again, it was in a small town in missouri.
so, they are out there.
u just gotta find them.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:46 AM   #3
tds12
This is my other ride.

Drives: Wht, M, Power 2007 yaris HB
Got mine

Originally tried to factory order the HB power package. After 12 weeks I found one on a lot (200 miles away). Cancelled my factory order and purchased the power package. The main reason I wanted the power package is the split rear seat.
That seat allows for so many more options with the vehicle. 3 individuals and lots of groceries or luggage can go on a trip.
tds12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #4
costaricandreams
Raggamuffin

Drives: Yaris Latchback 2007
I have one. It was not easy to find. Ordering them with a deposit and waiting has been useless for many people. Good luck!
costaricandreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Be careful, there re differences between regions. I found a car in CA but it did not have larger heater and window washer. No big deal in CA for the most part but seeing I am moving to MN BRRRRRRRR....
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Not from the US.. but I got the RS 5spd, all power.. woo hoo!
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #7
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Have Silver LB Stick with everything except Alloy Wheels.

In late Feb we bought a 2006 4Runner through COSTCO program (dealing with fleet mgr at local dealership).

Went same route for Yaris in April. Had choice of three Silver LB's - two stripped, and one loaded. Took the loaded one so it would be as much like 4Runner Sport as possible (pwr windows, mirrors, rear defroster/wiper, flat floor when 60/40 seat folded, and similar AM/FM/CD (except single vs. 6 Disc). It had just arrived in Port (@ Portland, OR 10 miles down the road) and took like 7 days before it was delivered.

Still to this day - three months later - we have not seen another LB on the road! (wife did see one parked on the street, and we have seen only 3-4 sedans).

Totally happy with our choice.
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #8
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
I got one, no problem
Old 07-30-2006, 08:30 PM   #9
abcando

Drives: Xb
You guys are keeping my hopes high. There are 3 dealerships here nearby but none of them have it. I even went to one today but didn't even find any LB at all.

I have one funny reason why I want the power package. I had my 2 other cars (matrix xr - traded in for the Xb) when they just came out new in the market and many times other drivers would ask me to roll down the right window to ask something about the car. I would hate to be reaching for that crank anytime if it happens on my new yaris.

Seriously speaking though, I just like the conveniences of the power features and more now that I learned it comes with other few extras.
abcando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:46 PM   #10
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
I was told a 16 week wait if ordered a LB w/power package from the factory.
I'm now down to a 12 week wait....WHO KNOWS?
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:58 PM   #11
Scoot

Drives: '07 Yaris liftback
Toyota Corporate might help!

I put my deposit down on April 18th and after two months of waiting I both called and wrote to Toyota customer service in California. (Check Toyotas website for contact info).
That seemed to do the trick and I was promised my delivery no later than end of July. I actually picked up my HB with power package (but no alloys) on July 5th.
Like I was telling someone else the dealers are just not getting the HB's. Mine was only the 5th HB at my dealer since the Yaris intro in March.
CALL TOYOTA CORPORATE!

Peace
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #12
poshi

Drives: Yaris 3 Dr
yup i got one too 2 dr 5 spd power RS wuuhooo
poshi is offline   Reply With Quote