Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
Murtaza_murti

Drives: Toyota Belta
DIY - Cabin air filter location (Belta, Vios, Yaris sedan)

So, yesterday I was busy with the Belta. Got the engine oil, engine oil filter and air filter replaced. I always wondered where the cabin air filter in the Belta was located?

I didn't bother taking out the glove box before because I thought I would either break something or I won't be able to fix it back properly. Then I thought I should find it now or never.

I kept my fear aside and started to locate the filter. I did not get a new cabin air filter because no one has the OEM one. However, the Malaysian one is but I don't want any non-OEM part to go into my car.

Now here you go with the picture tutorial:

The glove box, the filter is located right behind it. To access it we will have to take the glove box out.

Now, there are two clips at the bottom of the glove box one on the right side and one on the left. The glove box slides into them, you will have to tug a little to move them out of place.

On your left side there is a plastic nose clip which holds a black plastic arm which is controlled by a small hydraulic shock which opens up the glove box itself once you lift the lever up, just pinch the nose in order release the arm from the clip. You will have to open the door as the space is not enough to fit your hand unless you are really skinny.

There you go, the arm is out of the clip.

Move the glove box a little to both sides, it'll loosen up take it out and put it aside.

Voila! This is what it looks like behind the glove box.

The housing of the cabin air filter.

You will have to pinch this clip too in order for the flap to open. Once you have pinched it it'll open up like so.

Now that the flap is open you could see the very dirty cabin air filter sitting inside it's housing.

This is what is looks like when you take the cabin air filter out of it's housing, notice the small fan that sends air into the cabin.

And here we have the cabin air filter, very dirty. The material is quite flexible, too bad I couldn't find an OEM filter.

Another view of the cabin air filter.

Murtaza_murti is offline   Reply With Quote