Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-15-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
Review: Adjustable Sway Bar End Links

I recently received a pair of adjustable sway bar end links from turboyaris and have had a chance to drive about 600 miles with them installed. All of the components of the end links appear to be of high quality, the heims were free to rotate without any problems and the threading was very nice on both the bolts and rods themselves. Since the rods are hexagonal, the ends were easy to tighten or loosen and ultimately, adjust. The end links were simple to install, in fact, even easier than removing the stock set since an allen key is not required. While driving I cannot honestly say I feel much of a difference in handling, but some of the rubbing I had previously experienced had gone away. Since installing the end links, I have inspected the heims and there appears to be no binding and they still have great mobility.

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an easy to install suspension upgrade at an affordable price. If you are interested, please PM turboyaris.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT4040.JPG (110.2 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg PICT4044.JPG (115.5 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg PICT4046.JPG (122.9 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg PICT4048.JPG (129.8 KB, 225 views)

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
I am still awaiting mine =)
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Very nice. How much? Will they work with stock shocks?
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXDEMON View Post
Very nice. How much? Will they work with stock shocks?
The set I have are nickel plated, I believe the next batch he ships out will be made with stainless steel. The group buy price is $125, PM turboyaris for details. Yes, they will work great with stock suspension.

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
actually they are only $120 shipped to you.
and m911 yours are actually just standard uncoated steel, and you were correct though in saying the group buy hex is stainless

And YarisSedan, as I posted in the group buy post, I received the wrong heims from the manufacturer, so I'm awaiting a shipment of new heims... The good news for you.... They are FK Bearings instead of Midwest control, (a little better quality)

The group buy post is located here http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15771
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
and yes, just to reiterate, they work with stock suspension, and any other coilovers that retain stock mounts for the end links.
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
m922gt, have you tried tightening them up? You mention that you couldn't feel a difference, but then describe them as a suspension upgrade. I'd like to hear someone describe the difference they make in a real-world driving experience.

(I'll do that when I get them, but meanwhile....? )
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
Deltasix

Drives: '07 Liftback: Work in Progress
Send a message via AIM to Deltasix
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
m922gt, have you tried tightening them up? You mention that you couldn't feel a difference, but then describe them as a suspension upgrade. I'd like to hear someone describe the difference they make in a real-world driving experience.

(I'll do that when I get them, but meanwhile....? )
+1

I too would like to here what they are like tightened up
Old 04-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #9
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
When adjusting these you want it to be just gently snug when all 4 tires are on the ground and prefferably with the driver sitting in the car as well i would assume?
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Update: I have put about 1,100 miles on the sway bar end links and I have had no problems with them.