Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
evo165

Drives: peArL yAvItZ!!
Send a message via MSN to evo165
All Thai Yaris with NST pulley, pls read...

Hi to all, can anyone Thai made Yaris mount on the water pump & alternator pulley without any problem? Are they the SAME OEM side pulley? All Thai Yaris with this mod, PLEASE advise & confirm...
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
evo165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
One of the three pulleys requires a shim, I believe it is the water pump.

[edit] it's the alternator pulley, see below
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.

Last edited by cali yaris; 06-29-2010 at 10:46 PM.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
A shim on water pump? Do we need that on usmd yaris

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
it is the alternator pulley, the design is a little bit different, you can install it, but you need to put in a spacer to align it properly. you should contact the member MANSETH here, he has done it.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
nothing needed on USDM cars.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
evo165

Thanks to all who reply. Bro eTiMaGo, i remember reading up your old post that the alternator pulley doesn't fit into our thai yaris. But do you still mount it with additional spacer as mentioned? thank you.
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
Old 06-30-2010, 01:48 AM   #7
Schizoprenia

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.5 M/T '06
hello, i just wanna share my experience..

i bought my pulley from a supporting vendor here, MICRO IMAGE, after i scour the forums i decided to put up only the 2, underdriven crank + water pump. so alternator pulley not changed. works fine for me, and i believe a change in the alternator pulley doesnt generate much/any power one can feel... if not for the viewing pleasure...

mine's a thai built yaris in indonesia. hope it helps.
Schizoprenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:16 AM   #8
evo165

Thanks Schizoprenia for sharing. I pm MANSETH regarding this. He managed to put on all 3 pulleys at one go. Only the alternator pulley require some shim/spacer to alight the belt.

Since you have the alternator pulley, why not try it with some shim/spacer?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #9
moh

Drives: Yaris Sedan
I have thai built Vios, I just bought NST underdrive set (Crank, WP, Alt) from MI last week, and still in shipping ..

what kind of shim/spacer should i use, so all pulleys can be installed?
maybe anyone have pictures?

Thanks,
|Blitz S/C|aFe Intake|NST SSK|NST Busing kit|Ralco Short Shifter|Dastek Unichip type Q|Dastek Throttle Control|1ZZ Injectors|1ZZ TB|Custom Header|Custom Exhaust|Head Porting|Momo Drifting Steering wheel|Momo shiftknob|Denso Irridium Sparks|Buddy Club P1 Racing Wheels|195/50/R15|Tanabe NF Coilover|Goodrich SS brake lines|Ultra Racing Front Strutbar|NRG Grounding kit|Custom Grill|Custom Eyelid|Rear Sway bar|
moh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #10
MANSETH
KAVINT

Drives: KAVINT
Guys,

Sorry, for late pictures. I spend sometime to find the NST because I already put on the supercharger.

This is Metal lathe. The reason I use metal because I experienced aluminum slip.

For thickness, I suggest you guys to measure the differences of the stock one and NST in order to get the straight between alternator and water pump.

By kavintyaris at 2010-07-06
Old 08-15-2010, 06:11 AM   #11
Vanquisher

Drives: 2007 Vios
Shouldn't be a problem fir vios in singapore den cos it's thailand made.

Shall order thru MI soon
Vanquisher is offline   Reply With Quote