Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
botchilah

Drives: white and red shiny things
SAFC II and the Yaris: does it do anything?

Ok, so I haven't posted for ages here.

Before posting this one up, I did the search and could not find any definitive answer to my querry. I have an S-AFC II lying around, with access to a dyno and wideband 02 sensor very easily. I was wondering if anyone installed and tuned a Yaris with the SAFC II and didn't have the OEM ECU resetting it afterwards? I'd like to eliminate some leaning out / pre-ignition areas in the RPM range. Also, post up what you gained / lost after installing the SAFC II.

A friend also has an AEM FIC he's selling to me cheap so if the SAFC II doesn't work but the AEM FIC works I'll probably get it.

I'd like people to share FACTS not OPINIONS please. Thank you very much to everyone! :)

Oh and if it works, can someone send me the wiring diagram install? Thanks again :)
08' Yaris HB 5dr: RAYS 57 Motorsports 17X7 / K&N SRI / TANABE axleback exhaust / ULTRA RACING complete braces / MEGAN RACING complete braces / NEX coilovers / NEX 330mm 4-pot front BBK / PENGUIN GARAGE hub spacers / HOTBITS headers / BUDDY CLUB oil cap and rad cap / APP SS brake lines / HKS synthetic lubes / RECARO SR5 seats / TRD shiftknob / cheap FEDERAL (free) tires lol. NEXT: HKS F-CON iS
botchilah is offline   Reply With Quote