Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
charles nelson

Drives: red Liftback
Yaris Recalls?

Sorry...this comment was put in the wrong section...should have been inserted with the other hundred!
I guess there is no way to delete a comment once it is submitted?

Late last winter I received two Yaris recalls. I stopped in at my dealer and was told I would be contacted when Toyota had sent out the replacement parts to its dealers.
I have never heard from them again...I have called my dealer and they have not heard anything either.

Is Toyota hoping that owners will simply forget that there have been several recalls?

I guess Toyota is following the law...they have contacted us...but does the law say that Toyota actually has to fix the problems in the same decade?
charles nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Same here, for the seat tracks on the driver and passenger sides as well as a spiral cable in the steering column. Both state "we are currently making preparations for implementation of the Safety Recall remedy, (and) will send you another notification when the remedy is available." Smartly, neither of the notifications have dates on them!

It also says for questions contact the dealer, check online at www.toyota.com/recall or call the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-88-270-9371 M-F from 5am to 6pm or Sat 7am - 4pm EST.

Both do ask for our patience in resolving this; however, if you don't think Toyota is working hard enough to fix the issues you can also submit a complaint to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (www.safercar.gov), 1-888-327-4236.

As neither of these items have failed on my vehicle, I am not too worried about it. We also have a recall on our Honda Odyssey van for fuel pump, so it's not just Toyota!

Cheers! M2