Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2015, 12:08 PM   #1
docppo

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
Vent knob cable

I've read all of the threads pertaining to the vent knob/switch, a/c switch, defroster switch, etc..., and have found that the reason the knob was not working was due to the thin cable popping out of the plastic circular assembly. I put the cable back in place, but when I turn the know the rectangular metal block connecting the wires on the inside of the circular assembly is sliding towards the inside of the switch which gives too much slack on the cable, which subsequently comes out again.

Does anyone have a picture of the knob/switch showing the complete assembly? I'm wondering if there's a clip that should be holding that rectangular block in place (as it does have grooves along the bottom 1/2. Thanks in advance!
docppo is offline   Reply With Quote