Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-31-2006, 01:48 PM   #37
Island Boy

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARISinWHITE
I just put on the Rally Style spoiler on my 07 Yaris RS. After they remove the original spoiler it left 6 small holes from 1/2 inch or 1 inch wide and they need to repair them before they can put the rally spoiler. It's nightmare, but it is something that can be done. Just my piece of advise.
I just called a dealer and asked how many holes are drilled to install the RS spoiler and they said 2, so I mentioned about you saying there are six holes to fill if you remove the RS spoiler and they could not understand why there would be six holes when only 2 bolts hold it on. Which confirms my theory about 2 bolts and double sided tape. And although they have not installed a rally spoiler yet, they said it should use the same 2 two bolt holes that the RS spoiler used. Can anyone else give some input on this matter. cause info isn't jiving

Last edited by Island Boy; 03-31-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:22 PM   #38
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
In response to a related question by blueajee, YARISinWHITE has posted a picture on page one of this thread which may interest you.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:30 PM   #39
YARISinWHITE

Drives: 07 Yaris RS-B 5doors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Boy
Maybe its cause I have a 3 dr RS and not a 5dr, but my RS spoiler appears to only be attatched by 2 bolts and double sided tape. I'm wondering what the point of the other 4 holes would be. The stock Yaris has no holes, so why would they drill 6 when installing the RS spoiler if only 2 are needed. The two bolts are about 13" +/ - on each side of center, coverred by removable little covers, if I take the bolts out it seems that only a few pieces of double sided tape are all that is left holding the spoiler on. Did you actually see all 6 holes or is that just what the dealer told you. Just wonderring cause I have had small holes repaired before and to do the filling and painting is at least a couple of hundred dollars. It's not usually something a dealer would do as a freebie. When I orderred my Rally spoiler, they said the $410 included tax and instalation and said nothing about having to fill any holes
I haven't see the holes myself, but that's what the dealer told me after they removed the original RS spoiler, they did actually removed it and find out there's six holes that surprises them too because the spoiler is so small but has two screws and 4 clips to hold it in place with double sided tapes. Then I bought my Yaris to a body shop that I known for years and they said those four outmost holes are too large to use the plug to cover, that result with they need to repair all six before install the new Rally spoiler. I'm sorry that I haven't take picture after they remove it, I leave my car with them for two days.
But I believe is does have six holes, big and small. To be honest, I don't think the Toyota dealers know too much about this because it is not much Yaris they delivered and not many people will change RS spoiler with Rally Style.
YARISinWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #40
BritishDJGT
DJGT.entertainment

Drives: 09 Toyota Yaris Hatch
Rally spoiler

I live in Florida but would really like the rally spoiler for my yaris, how do I go about getting it? Dealer, online, individual?
BritishDJGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:35 PM   #41
bladesmith6

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
I would as well. Unfortunately my current spoiler cracked in this severe winter weather so I need a replacement. TRD sparks told me the rally is discontinued but someone must have deadstock. Any Canadians that can help?
bladesmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:09 PM   #42
bladesmith6

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
cmon people someone must have an idea if there are at least a few around..
bladesmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote