Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #433
greyger

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodu78 View Post
Thanks a lot ! Can you tell me if there is a fan on rear of the unit ?

Can you send me a picture from head unit in your car ? nicodu78boss@gmail.com

Thanks a lot
Hi, there is no fan on the rear panel. It is only the opening (the hole) is present. I make a picture and post it here later.

Last edited by greyger; 12-09-2011 at 09:50 AM. Reason: pic
greyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #434
rudi2

Drives: 1.s t
hi guys

long thread to read ( forum is working )
I am a uk installer and r and d for many manufacturers.

The Dynavin unit I have played about with (mainly bmw vw audi) based.
but it seems to be a generic unit with differing faces. coming from a far east (china)
company.
The unit is visual based and in our experience does a bit of everything and is cost effective, all in one box, but there is a lack of quality.

On the bluetooth we have found the volume differs from phone to phone also.
radio reception and music quality is not fantastic.

but at a fraction of the cost of what it would cost for a complete after market soloution and the amount of space it would take definately worth considering.
rudi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:33 AM   #435
boggydee

Drives: 2009 yaris 4dr hb
sorry guys for re-opening this thread... but doe anyone know where I can get wat toy got... with the gps, sdcards, bluetooth and remote? I cant find it anywhere on ebay... =/
boggydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:47 AM   #436
boooggy

Drives: 2014 Yaris lb 1.33L
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyger View Post
Hi, there is no fan on the rear panel. It is only the opening (the hole) is present. I make a picture and post it here later.
does it fit ok in the dash?
what is the audio power?
thank you
boooggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:42 AM   #437
nicodu78

Drives: Yaris 1 TS Ph2-Yaris 2 TS Ph1
Quote:

Can you tell us more about GPS ? Where do you put the antenna ? Where is the sd card ?

Can you tell us more about USB ? Where is the connector ?

Where do you buy your product ?

Thanks.

Last edited by nicodu78; 02-22-2012 at 05:09 AM.
nicodu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #438
greyger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodu78 View Post
Thanks a lot.

It looks beautifull

No news for RDS fonctionnality ?
Hi, am really excited by the radio. I have found thanks to the seller the hide menu and open. There, I enabled RDS. Now all is well. I can now see TV via DVB-T (up to 160 km / h). I would buy the radio again. Only the customs fees in Germany were high.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #439
greyger

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooggy View Post
does it fit ok in the dash?
what is the audio power?
thank you
It fits very well. There are no gaps exist. It includes all along very well. Audio is also better than the first models such as of Timlesslong.cn
Old 12-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #440
BennyLava

Drives: 1987 Silverado
Anyone know if you can use an aftermarket bluetooth in the aux slot of this unit? Somehow?
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #441
grelise

Drives: 07 YR Yaris 5dr Hatch
This the one I recently got for the car off ebay,

So far, quite happy with it, missus loves it.
Also, does anyone elses after a couple of seconds, on start up or turn on, give a little chirp before it continues as normal?
It's something I noticed first, but doesn't annoy me, just curious.
grelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #442
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
My unit's been doing great for months now, and then spontaneously it resets itself after a trip to Nashville from the 'boro. That didn't bother me any; i even learned some new stuff about the unit's gps as i getting all the options reset. . . . . However. The voice option is no longer the UK Thomas; but the Alima . . . spanish? . . . voice. Whenever I attempt to move up the menu to change it; an error pops up on the screen, and won't allow me to progress. When I click okay, it resets the GPS as well.

. . . Wondering if anyone else has had this issue to solve.

Edit:

I put the SD card up on my computer; deleted all the non english voices. I don't plan on needing my gps to speak dutch to me anywho. Put it back in; works great again. I'm taking a shot in the dark and saying one of the voice files was corrupted and when it tried to load it as I moved through the voices it would pop the error.

Last edited by Spidermandud; 01-27-2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Figured something out; not sure what.
Spidermandud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #443
Spidermandud

By any chance does anyone know how to change the buttons on the home screen? Their color or style or anything? Not the LED's, just the buttons, aux input, tv, dvd, etc.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #444
nicodu78

Drives: Yaris 1 TS Ph2-Yaris 2 TS Ph1
Quote:

Can you tell us more about GPS ? Where do you put the antenna ? Where is the sd card ?

Can you tell us more about USB ? Where is the connector ?

Where do you buy your product ?

Thanks.
nicodu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #445
Spidermandud

I don't know specifically about that model; but the antenna on the first one in this thread the "Toy Toronto Especial" the gps is strong enough that you can leave it hanging behind the unit and it still picks up; but the common thing seems to be to route it to your glove box, or to your dash. It looks to me like on that unit they have the slots for the gps card and sd card covered by markers on the left and right of the unit. The USB connector should be in the back, and you would route it (likely) to the glove box or wherever you wanted. This one is the ebay model I think; just go to ebay and search "yaris gps"
Old 03-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #446
Speedz
Will work for Yaris...

Any one there tried this headunit before?

Just wondering if they are worth it and since its less than $300 bucks, wondering if the audio is better than stock...?
Speedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #447
Spidermandud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedz View Post
Any one there tried this headunit before?

Just wondering if they are worth it and since its less than $300 bucks, wondering if the audio is better than stock...?
Looks like most the ones in this thread. Assuming it has the Toyota wiring hookup doo-dads it should be a bit better than the stock stereo. The one I installed which is the same as Toy Toronto's ended up being much louder, though I think the best way to get your sound quality better is through sound deadening and better speakers.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #448
BennyLava

Drives: 1987 Silverado
Alright guys, time for a final review of this unit. Short, simple, and done by me.

Its a wonderful unit for the price. You won't find better for the price. Everything works very very well save for just a few small inconveniences.

I can get over the volume of the bluetooth not being tied to the volume of the radio. In fact I've been able to tone it down so at least the radio isn't ear splitting when you hang up the phone on a bluetooth call. The sound quality of the voice calls on both ends could certainly use improvement as well. On both ends it sounds like you're on speakerphone, cause basically you are. But, there are some units out there that work to cancel this effect and clean up the sound quality when using bluetooth. This unit isn't one of them.

The sun is also a big problem for this unit. Yeah that's right, the sun. When you are driving around in daylight and the sun is on the screen, you may as well not have this unit. Hope you like whatever the unit is currently doing at that time lol. Cause you're not going to be able to see what's on the screen due to the horrendous glare.

There is a word for this in the screen world, I forget what it was exactly. But MOST companies in the automotive screen industry work to eliminate this effect. These people just completely forgot it existed. So to wrap things up:

Pros:

1. Excellent unit for the price. Does everything you'd want even a drastically more expensive unit to do.

2 . Can switch out various GPS programs until you find one that you like.

Cons.

1. Bluetooth sound quality. I'd give it a 4 out of 10. Maybe a 5 at best.

2. Screen becomes unusable in direct sunlight. A huge con for any screen of any type in any automobile.
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #449
andrey8

Drives: yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
Alright guys, time for a final review of this unit. Short, simple, and done by me.

Its a wonderful unit for the price. You won't find better for the price. Everything works very very well save for just a few small inconveniences.

I can get over the volume of the bluetooth not being tied to the volume of the radio. In fact I've been able to tone it down so at least the radio isn't ear splitting when you hang up the phone on a bluetooth call. The sound quality of the voice calls on both ends could certainly use improvement as well. On both ends it sounds like you're on speakerphone, cause basically you are. But, there are some units out there that work to cancel this effect and clean up the sound quality when using bluetooth. This unit isn't one of them.

The sun is also a big problem for this unit. Yeah that's right, the sun. When you are driving around in daylight and the sun is on the screen, you may as well not have this unit. Hope you like whatever the unit is currently doing at that time lol. Cause you're not going to be able to see what's on the screen due to the horrendous glare.

There is a word for this in the screen world, I forget what it was exactly. But MOST companies in the automotive screen industry work to eliminate this effect. These people just completely forgot it existed. So to wrap things up:

Pros:

1. Excellent unit for the price. Does everything you'd want even a drastically more expensive unit to do.

2 . Can switch out various GPS programs until you find one that you like.

Cons.

1. Bluetooth sound quality. I'd give it a 4 out of 10. Maybe a 5 at best.

2. Screen becomes unusable in direct sunlight. A huge con for any screen of any type in any automobile.

hi,could you PM the link you bought again,i just read from first page,but cann't open the link.also is it a univeral one for yaris or toyota?i like this menu,but the link cann't open.

my friend bought from another shop,at present it works also nice,i am just considering buy which one?thanks.below is my friend bought.
http://www.autoadas.com/toyota-yaris...pod-p-296.html
andrey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:07 AM   #450
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
Cheapest I found is $332.
http://www.autodvdgps.com/car-dvd-gp...ies-p-565.html

Is the same one right?
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote