Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Great Lakes
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #21
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
Why would you move from FL to MI? Or anywhere in the Midwest for that matter.
I'm done with the humidity and 95*+ temps, I grew up in England where the temperature was moderate and there were actual seasons. In Florida you get hot and slightly less than hot, then for two weeks in January it gets down to 35 once or twice at night... great for old people I guess ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
your secret is safe with us just get some snow tires and you'll have no worries! i've lived in the midwest my entire life and 7 months a year there is nowhere i'd rather be! i'll admit winters can get a little old(snow in late march/early april), but spring thru fall is spectacular(fall is my favorite with all the changing colors). southwest michigan is a particularly nice place to be with lake michigan not too far away and a lot of neat little 'lake towns' along the coast. many people from chicago vacation in this area every year! speaking of chicago, it's my favorite 'big city'. the food, people and culture are great....and it's only a 2-4 hour drive from southwest michigan! wow! i just realized how cheezy all this sounded(like some 'explore michigan' commercial)!
Kinda like a commercial, but I can't wait. There are actual tracks in sw Michigan and the towns are adorable. My mom's family lives in Muskegon and my Dad's family lives just outside of South Haven, we've been leaning towards South Haven for a while - I'd miss the beaches here for sure but his family will never leave the Gulf Coast so I'm sure I could visit every now and then.

I think some snow tires for the yaris.... or maybe a wrx and I could live with the snow :)