Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-19-2009, 01:07 AM   #37
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
buy camber bolts.
Are the camber bolts for the front or rear, or both? That's the one on Garm's website?
Is it possible to do rear camber like this? (bad example pic, but you get the picture)
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:17 AM   #38
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Are the camber bolts for the front or rear, or both? That's the one on Garm's website?
Is it possible to do rear camber like this? (bad example pic, but you get the picture)
I believe they just work for the front.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:01 AM   #39
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXDEMON View Post
I think adding some toe out on the rear may help but I don't want to prematurely wear the tires.
don't add toe out. as previously discussed, this is a mod to be done for those of us who race almost more than we street-drive. not a good thing to do.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #40
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Geez, somebody move this thread to "cosmetic mods" already.

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #41
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
Geez, somebody move this thread to "cosmetic mods" already.
LOL

at least they admit they want big brakes for the look
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #42
Penguin Garage

Drives: Yaris
PHX, some camber in the rear should help alot.

as Tamago said I wouldn't do toe out specifically, and I seriously wouldn't suggest more than -2.0 rear camber.
Penguin Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #43
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
The camber bolts are for the front only, to answer the question. Rear camber uses shims (or washers with the Penguin Garage rear hub spacers).
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #44
bribri

Drives: white stock yris
If you put a washer under each lower bolt wont this also adjust the toe to a little out because the front bolt is higher then the rear?
Would you need more negative camber for track with stock springs and a rear sway bar then stiffer springs all around because the body rolls more? How much camber is too much?
bribri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #45
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribri View Post
If you put a washer under each lower bolt wont this also adjust the toe to a little out because the front bolt is higher then the rear?
because the rear suspension is trailing arm, we cannot address this question unless we know how low you've dropped your car. are you at stock height? PLEASE REMEMBER that we are suggesting this mod in conjunction with a trip to the alignment rack to guarantee your specific drop/application doesn't do something unsafe with the camber washers in place!
Quote:
Would you need more negative camber for track with stock springs and a rear sway bar then stiffer springs all around because the body rolls more?
that's debatable. if you're on stock springs, what tires are you on? if you're tracking your car, the single BEST mod you can do to a stock yaris is better tires. adding rear camber is kind of cart-before-horse if the rest of your car is stock IMO

Quote:

How much camber is too much?
again, up for debate. if you cannot get rid of most of the built-in toe issues, adding a large amount of rear camber will just help shorten the lifespan of your tires. i personally run around 1.6deg of rear camber, no affect on tire wear (i also have eliminated most of the toe-in from the factory.)
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #46
bribri

I'm on stock steel 14 inch wheels. Tires are 185/60-14 Bridgstone potenza 960 pole position (all season). I also added a 23mmultra racing sway bar. I figure since the tires feel as if they are rolling before they emit a screaching sound that the tread is not in full contact with the road. Pressure is 38 all around and there is still body roll in the corner (stock springs). I don't want a stiffer ride or to spend more then is necessary to get te car handling great at its limits. Im willing to make allignment adjustments for track and street.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #47
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribri View Post
I'm on stock steel 14 inch wheels. Tires are 185/60-14 Bridgstone potenza 960 pole position (all season). I also added a 23mmultra racing sway bar. I figure since the tires feel as if they are rolling before they emit a screaching sound that the tread is not in full contact with the road. Pressure is 38 all around and there is still body roll in the corner (stock springs). I don't want a stiffer ride or to spend more then is necessary to get te car handling great at its limits. Im willing to make allignment adjustments for track and street.
how much camber are you running up front?
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #48
bribri

2.2 up frontand 2.4 in the rear. The washers are a little thick. I have 1.5mm washersto replace the thicker ones. Your right abouut the back having too much camber. The outside of the tires only see asphalt during hard corners . I have not measured rear toe but with the thick washers the car rotates nicely without feeling unstable. Front toe is close to 0.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:38 AM   #49
rob323
Don't drive it, RALLY it!

Drives: 1999 echo PRC rally car
I know the design of the rear torsion beam of the Yaris is a bit different to my Echo in that it has some passive toe change geometry or something built in to it, but has anyone checked what happens to the rear toe when the wheels travels through their stroke?
rob323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #50
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob323 View Post
I know the design of the rear torsion beam of the Yaris is a bit different to my Echo in that it has some passive toe change geometry or something built in to it, but has anyone checked what happens to the rear toe when the wheels travels through their stroke?
negative camber turns into toe-in apon compression.
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #51
rob323
Don't drive it, RALLY it!

Drives: 1999 echo PRC rally car
That's a bummer, nice and safe from Toyota's point of view I guess.
rob323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #52
Penguin Garage

Drives: Yaris
We've been hinting at this for a few weeks now.

We've got the Camber Shims ready for shipping.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19450
Penguin Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #53
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
What does this do to the cars handling?
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #54
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
What does this do to the cars handling?
did you not install your set yet?
you nailed it sir.