Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-08-2007, 01:57 AM   #1
yup101

Drives: yaris 2007 sedan automatic
Thumbs up Please help I want my Yaris!!

I need to get this car as soon as possible (possibly by next week). I have a several questions regarding 2007 yaris sedan automatic. here it goes..

1)I want power lock, power window, and FM/AM radio option. Can i get these seperately without power package?

2)Base on admonds.com
msrp+ power lock& window+ delivery charge = 13,920
Invocie + power lock& window+ delivery charge = 13,030
what would be the best deal with these price?

3)How should I deal with dealer (this is first time I am buying a car)? Do I need to print out the TMV price that i got from edmonds.com and show to dealer and possibly go from there?

4)Which site is most accurate site to see the car price?

Thank you so much for you guys support!!
p.s I am going to the dealer tomorrow :)
yup101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:03 AM   #2
captainzerocool
CAMRY FTW!

Drives: Camry LE V-6 (225,000+ miles)
1) no
2)Depending where you live MSRP is what your going to be paying. I don't think many people get it much cheaper than sticker.
3)Be nice. If they are an ass or you don't like something LEAVE! There are plenty more dealers.
4) KBB is good.

I have no imagination.
captainzerocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:59 AM   #3
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
if you have a carmax around, that wouldnt be a bad place to check out.. some deal with new cars, and they have a nice setup.

By all means go somewhere else if you don't like the deal.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #4
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
tell him what you want is at another dealership...

I didn't bother telling him cuz he already took it form that dealership who had my car...but mention to the sales to see if he can get it...they want your money so they will do what they can to get it..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
Go4th

Drives: Yaris S Sedan color Flint Mica
Quote:
Originally Posted by yup101 View Post
I need to get this car as soon as possible (possibly by next week). I have a several questions regarding 2007 yaris sedan automatic. here it goes..

1)I want power lock, power window, and FM/AM radio option. Can i get these seperately without power package?

2)Base on admonds.com

3)How should I deal with dealer (this is first time I am buying a car)? Do I need to print out the TMV price that i got from edmonds.com and show to dealer and possibly go from there?

I did the search on the toyota web site for a yaris i wanted, actually one that i wanted that was not in the state i live in.. i went to the dealership that had one that i knew i would want but did not tell him i liked any that he had. In other words I was going to make him get me one that i wanted from some where else.. He then negotiated his self down to get me in a car on his lot rather than getting one from another dealership. Toyota is not going to negotiate hardly any on the Yaris because they are being sold as fast as they are being boated in! My dealer came down 2k to put me in a car off his lot! You have to be willing to walk if its not going how you want it though! let them negotiate them selves down to sell you a car!!!

i should explain that the 2k was the price difference between the car outside the state that he was going to have to get for me and the one on the lot.

15505.00 on the lot
13300.00 the one out side the state.. i said i would settle for that car for the same price..

the dark blue car with abs is a rare car. i ended up with a flint mica with abs. that was the only one with abs on his lot.
Go4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #6
mutatio

Drives: Flint Mica AT Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yup101 View Post

2)Base on admonds.com

if the tmv is anything like it is down here, it's basically MSRP. i really wouldn't even bother going into a dealership unless u plan on dealing directly with the general manager (GM). bypass the sales people and talk directly to the the GM if you really want to deal at invoice. also consider researching your local Toyota dealerships. the Yaris i'm picking up this month is actually an hour away but i'm getting the vehicle for ~$300 cheaper than anywhere else i could find, easily worth a 1/4 tank of gas. if u can pull down some email addresses for GMs, write them directly regarding your interest in invoice pricing. GMs want volume, sales people want commissions.

if u start out asking around you will be told, by and large, that "we get MSRP all the time! we can't keep them on the lot!" eventually u will get a few dealerships that will deal at invoice. my advice is to basically use what i've gained from doing it the hard way, to your advantage. for instance, i started out just emailing internet sales people ASKING if they would sell at invoice. when they replied "no we get MSRP all the time...", i eventually ended up getting one dealership which was very up front about being willing to deal at invoice. from there on i just incorporated the mentioned rationales i was hearing and the eventual willingness of a dealership to deal with me into my "pitch" to the subsequent dealerships. the willingness to do invoice pricing went up thereafter. :)

if u email, make note of what many dealerships would have ended up telling you anyways "we get MSRP, etc etc...", and then make note of the fact that despite hearing this, your tenaciousness has led you to a dealerships that will in fact deal at invoice for a Yaris. yes, it's a fib, but like i said, if u call and email from place to place you'll eventually find a few places that will deal at invoice. so basically start with the assertion that u know "we get MSRP all the time...yadda yadda..." and then segue into the fact that u have found one dealership that has been willing to deal at invoice, but say for instance, the dealership u r addressing is closer, and so u r interested in seeing if they can deal at invoice as well. once again, this is where u would end up anyways if were persistent enough to contact the dealerships within a 60 mile radius (or whatever you're willing to do). you'll end up with a handful of places that will have subtly different invoice prices, with different doc/dealer fees, and different distances from you. so, just use that mindset from the get go. :)

also, dealer/documentation fees are strictly negotiable. $250-350 is reasonable, or so says my friend the nissan salesperson. if u want to pay as low as u can, u want to deal with an "out the door" cost. for instance if u haggle over invoice pricing they may be less inclined to adjust their fees. a GM will have a good idea of what they can sell the car to you for out the door, so haggling this way is very doable for those GMs willing to deal at invoice.

try using the formula at the following site with one exception. since u r dealing with a compact car, change the $2000 amount to $1000 and u should be in the ballpark.

if a GM is willing to deal at invoice, throw the low ball at them and see what they say. they'll likely reject it and offer you an amount. then try for a reasonable amount for an out the door cost which is ideal for you and takes into consideration the mentioned reasonable dealership fees.

that's all i can think of for now. let me know if u have any questions. :)

Last edited by mutatio; 01-08-2007 at 01:26 PM.
mutatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
blazerscoach

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
You should be able to pick it up for $13.5.... maybe even $13.4. Add to that tax, tag, title and any clerical/administrative fees. Don't worry about how fast Toyota is selling the Yaris. They have inventory and DEALERSHIPS make DEALS... period. I just bought a HB last week for $12, 270. The MSRP was $12,773.

Good luck.
blazerscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:22 AM   #8

Drives: 07 yaris
mutatio

of course a salesman wants a commision it is the only way we get paid and as it sits a sale on a yaris will only get me a $100(mini) so i really dont care if you pay msrp or a profit over invoice it is the same pay. we sell these cars as car counts towards a bonus structure set on volume.

the car business is changing people are educated and can get what ever info they need. so why hide anything? unless your buying from our dealership which has no old school practices, i am not sure that others follow this path to customer satisfaction. hell we even give your keys back right after we do an appraisal on a trade.