Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
Keyless entry dead?

Just started today out of no where, I hit my lock/unlock button to open my car and it didn't work at all, I looked at my key and pressed it and the red little light comes on so the key isn't dead, not sure what happened, any ideas"?
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #2
djct_watt

Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
1. If the locks are locking and re-unlocking, then check all your doors, and your hatch in particular (if you drive a hatch)

2. If not, check your power locks from inside the car via the inside controls. Do they work? If not, check your fuses.

3. If your power locks still work, then your RKE is out of sync with the key. . . it happens, particularly if you like to click the remote out of range like a toy, or if something often hits the button in your pocket. In this case, take it to a Toyota dealer and they can resync it, which takes about 1 minute. I had to do this with my tC, and they did not charge me.
djct_watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
If you have the factory keyless, the post below will allow you to test to see if the receiver is alive, and if so, also shows you how to "relearn" a remote.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...19&postcount=6
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
Could be worse, your door POPPERS could be doing this :( lol.

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Prohibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
Aothachos
Banned

power locks and all work perfectly fine, the key isn't dead i see the little red light go on when i hit a button, most likely out of sync because i always have problems with my other keys on my key ring hitting the buttons on it lol
Old 06-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
djct_watt

Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
Follow the instructions CTScott posted and it should cure the problem. . . or see if you can get it a dealer to do it free. It's a fairly easy process.
djct_watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
Aothachos
Banned

i just did it yesterday after work in the parking lot lol i was getting laughed at by my gf cuz i looked dumb lol but it works now thanks :D