Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Hawaii
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-29-2008, 11:57 PM   #37
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
YES we do.

gwasabi: what is this with coilovers and jdmness!? I got jdm coilovers! You better not be having JDM too! haha. there can only be one JDM'd yaris on oahu. ;) J/J. THe more the better. Then we can have a meet with some nice cars!!

battleversiontc: you should order stuff from garm. He's great on shipping. He charged me 100$ for shipping for the rims to oahu
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #38
battleversiontc

Drives: 08 vip yaris
ive actually been ording stuff off him im waiting for him to get back to me on the sedan spoiler he has listed and the grill with shipping but damn thats good shippin for the rims how long that took
mecp masters certified
battleversiontc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #39
PETERPOOP

He took it to the post office on a wednesday and it came to my door on saturday!

He's a great guy. He quoted me 100$ for shipping but then it came out to like 120$, but he bit off the 20$ for me. He also bit off 10$ shipping for the JDM Replica tail lights that i ordered from him too!

ps. why isn't your yaris in your yarisworld garage?
Old 10-31-2008, 01:30 AM   #40
battleversiontc

haha cause the thing aint dropped yet and im kinda up in the air about what i want on it so the choices i have are coilovers or bags kinda leaning towards bags just because she will take the front bumper off she already did it to my tc and punctured a hole in my intercooler so yeah kinda up in the air but i will post pics once i drop the thing i gotta follow your way cause you did the same thing lol ill prolly throw old pics up just to show face
mecp masters certified
Old 10-31-2008, 01:37 AM   #41
PETERPOOP

i can't believe your girl drives these high performance cars of yours! I won't even let girls try and learn stick in my yaris!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:11 AM   #42
battleversiontc

well the only time she does drive it is when i need gas or she gets bored of her yaris since theres a major hp difference but she loves it. i just wonder the guys she race what they tell there friends when they get spanked by a girl in my tc lol o and my crx is being sold tomorrow with a stock b18 to some guy in hawaii kai so ive been working on putting my motor in all day into this which hatch i finished but it didnt fire up so i gotta check the electrical tomorrow afternoon so i can bring it out to cruises and stuff that choke people going be at not just the little cruises.
mecp masters certified

Last edited by battleversiontc; 11-01-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #43
PETERPOOP

so any of you guys going to check out the autocross events coming this month?
Old 11-06-2008, 01:28 AM   #44
battleversiontc

ohhh autocross damn my tc not going to be together by then sucks maybe ill show up with my hatch since its tuned for time attack instead of drag since i sold my crx my b18 i took outta that found a new home in my hatch hopefully will be driving it around this weekend if i can fix the tune
mecp masters certified
Old 11-06-2008, 03:05 AM   #45
PETERPOOP

let me know if you end up going. we'll meet up over there or something.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:38 AM   #46
Latka

Drives: 0x Yaris Hatchback
I think the Yaris would do quite well in H Stock. I'm sure with the right suspension it'd do well in a prepared class too. Down a little bit on power compared to Francis' STi powered Subaru and Jayson G's Z06 Vette though. :)

Can't wait to get my Yaris (Hatchback). Gotta sell my Mini first though. That's me with the RedBull gals who stopped by in a new MINI to a Hawaii Mini Club event we had a while back. I love my Minis, but I can't afford 'em right now... so, Yaris for work / fun it is.
Attached Images

Latka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:30 AM   #47
battleversiontc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
let me know if you end up going. we'll meet up over there or something.
when is it what time is at im definetly down if i can get my hatch running right and stable to drive daily on the 755 hp motor and take it out of race mode to cruise mode so i can daily drive this thing since my tc motor aint together motor wise yet
mecp masters certified
Old 11-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #48
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka View Post
I think the Yaris would do quite well in H Stock. I'm sure with the right suspension it'd do well in a prepared class too. Down a little bit on power compared to Francis' STi powered Subaru and Jayson G's Z06 Vette though. :)

Can't wait to get my Yaris (Hatchback). Gotta sell my Mini first though. That's me with the RedBull gals who stopped by in a new MINI to a Hawaii Mini Club event we had a while back. I love my Minis, but I can't afford 'em right now... so, Yaris for work / fun it is.
hey man. nice mini. you drive that thing on ford island? I swear I see a car just like that sometimes on base over there.

What kinda hatchback you getting? Color? package? an S model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleversiontc View Post
when is it what time is at im definetly down if i can get my hatch running right and stable to drive daily on the 755 hp motor and take it out of race mode to cruise mode so i can daily drive this thing since my tc motor aint together motor wise yet
hey man, i'mnot exactly sure. I know one of the guys on this forum from hawaii is going to be there at the second event held this month. I was actually planning on going to that one. Maybe that'll give you enough time to get your car ready? I think that one is on the 12th, but i'm not sure...
Old 11-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #49
Latka

I haven't driven my Mini for a while. It used to be owned by an Air Force dude over on Hickam, so it's likely that you've seen it. (Been fixing the factory A/C and all that)

As for the Yaris - I'm (well, "we") are lookin' at an '09 2 door hatchback. Manual transmission in either yellow, the non-metallic red, or white. She wants the more maroon red, so I might end up with that. I'd like an S, but I don't think the '09 comes in that trim level with a manual transmission - at least I haven't been able to configure it online that way. I'm gettin pretty stoked about it though. Being a "mini" guy for a while now I really like small cars. Being 6'6" I'm just stoked I fit in a Yaris! :)

(gripe) I really don't like that Toyota of Hawaii has to be different than the Toyota USA website. I want to play around with configurations, not sit there and be force fed only what Servco wants me to see.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #50
battleversiontc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post

hey man, i'mnot exactly sure. I know one of the guys on this forum from hawaii is going to be there at the second event held this month. I was actually planning on going to that one. Maybe that'll give you enough time to get your car ready? I think that one is on the 12th, but i'm not sure...
alright well let me know if you find out for sure.
mecp masters certified
Old 11-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #51
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka View Post
I haven't driven my Mini for a while. It used to be owned by an Air Force dude over on Hickam, so it's likely that you've seen it. (Been fixing the factory A/C and all that)

As for the Yaris - I'm (well, "we") are lookin' at an '09 2 door hatchback. Manual transmission in either yellow, the non-metallic red, or white. She wants the more maroon red, so I might end up with that. I'd like an S, but I don't think the '09 comes in that trim level with a manual transmission - at least I haven't been able to configure it online that way. I'm gettin pretty stoked about it though. Being a "mini" guy for a while now I really like small cars. Being 6'6" I'm just stoked I fit in a Yaris! :)

(gripe) I really don't like that Toyota of Hawaii has to be different than the Toyota USA website. I want to play around with configurations, not sit there and be force fed only what Servco wants me to see.

hey man, yah i am pretty sure the 5 door S doesn't come in manual transmission. But you can get the 3 door S with a manual. I suggest you get that if you have the extra cash and want the lip kit. I wish my car had the OEM lip kit that the S comes with. I just personally think the rear lip of that kit looks horrible. I would take that off and leave the side skirts and front lip.

You can also go down to to the dealer and special order a car. I did that with my truck. But you might have to wait awhile for it to come. I was lucky however that the car i bought was coming in the next month that i was there. i got a white LB manual, base model. didn't even come with a radio. it's great! cheap. 12,500k out the door! comes with A/C though. you don't have that option to not get it. the yellow i warn you doesn't look AT ALL like the yellow on the website. it's a DULL yellow, like something used for a boring yellow pages company vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleversiontc View Post
alright well let me know if you find out for sure.
yah man. i am pretty sure that guy is going to the 2nd one this month, so i'll probably check that one out. then it'll give you more time to work on your hatch and bring that thing!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:32 AM   #52
Latka

The 2 door hatchback is the one we were lookin at, so it sounds like I'll be ok. As for the yellow - I'll have to check it out in person before we get one. I want "bam bam" yellow, not like you said - boring company vehicle color. Might have to go bright red then in that case.

We're not against the idea of going to the west coast to avoid the typically high Servco prices if we have to, but I would prefer to get it here on O'ahu.

Hopefully soon. I'm pretty stoked to check out the car again and get one.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:35 AM   #53
PETERPOOP

Man, idk. it didn't seem high at all when i bought mine (july). I went to the servco in mapunapuna. You can try talk to the sales person I go to. I bought two new cars from him. his name is Jon Kim. He's a GREAT guy and honest. none of this typical car sales man guy stuff. if you told him i told you guys to see him, he would take care of you! for sure. but yah.. let me find a picture of that yellow for you.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:58 AM   #54
Latka

Thank you for puttin the photo up. That reminds me a *lot* of the yellow that was on our 2002 MINI Cooper S. Thumbs up! Now all it needs are some black "fork" style wheels (like the BBS wide fork design but without being $59,000 per whel), a little drop - and it's set :) Oh yeah - window tint too.