Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Hawaii
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #55
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Well I am glad you like the yellow! Someone showed a picture of it actually with some photoshopped black rims or something. I think it looks the best with black rims. A "little" drop!? How little we talking. You going to drop with with drop springs, coilovers, springs + new shocks?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #56
Latka

Drives: 0x Yaris Hatchback
Probably the Megan springs and some uprated struts. I might as well go coilovers, but I just don't want to drop a ton of cash on it at the moment. I might go with the TRD springs if I can find a decent deal on 'em. I figure TRD = $$$ compared to some of the other stuff out there - I want to check spring rates too before I do it. It's not going to be hammered, that's for sure. It'll be my daily driver, so it has to have some sort of compliance to the ride! :)

Talked to the Servco guys at Kaneohe today. They've got a few base model 2 door hatchbacks in stock and ONE 2 door "S" on the way. Yes - it is possible to get the 2 door HB with the 5MT (yay). I might have to special order my car if we want Yellow Jolt - the "S" that's on the way is white. Acceptable, but not what we really want. We'll have to see how the mini sale shapes up here in the coming weeks.
Latka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #57
PETERPOOP

Hey man, yah you can get the base model 2 door HB with manual 5spd. that's what i got. i also got cusco coilovers. they are great. the ride is definately stiffer, but that's a given. I got them for a great deal from japan because my friend's uncle is a mechanic that lives there. I got some JDM coilovers! heck yah..

but yah, the trd route would cost you an arm and a leg i would think from the dealer. have you been on "Micro Image" 's website yet? That's Cali Yaris's store. he sells some springs on there. They are cheap. You should check it out!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #58
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Yay! Another HIIC'er from the WW-side w/ a yaris.

And a fellow SCCA-er.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka View Post
Probably the Megan springs and some uprated struts. I might as well go coilovers, but I just don't want to drop a ton of cash on it at the moment. I might go with the TRD springs if I can find a decent deal on 'em. I figure TRD = $$$ compared to some of the other stuff out there - I want to check spring rates too before I do it. It's not going to be hammered, that's for sure. It'll be my daily driver, so it has to have some sort of compliance to the ride! :)

Talked to the Servco guys at Kaneohe today. They've got a few base model 2 door hatchbacks in stock and ONE 2 door "S" on the way. Yes - it is possible to get the 2 door HB with the 5MT (yay). I might have to special order my car if we want Yellow Jolt - the "S" that's on the way is white. Acceptable, but not what we really want. We'll have to see how the mini sale shapes up here in the coming weeks.
anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:43 AM   #59
Latka

I haven't run SCCA in a while, but I know most of the main offenders out there. :) I'm working Friday - Monday (usually 6 or 8 hours Sat / Sun), so I won't be able to get my orange cone slaying on for a while - probably until I finish school. I won't have a stock Yaris though that's for sure!

Talked with the S/O about it again tonight and I think we're going to go base model 5MT. I just can't justify $4k in price - I don't see 4k worth of extra stuff on the car. No worries though. It'll be fun. I'm pretty stoked. :)
Old 11-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #60
PETERPOOP

Nice! Base model is where it's at. So you won't have a radio either? There are different kinds of base model.One comes with a radio, and one doesn't. Mine didn't! So roll up windows? Manual locking doors? No rear windshield?
Old 11-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #61
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Latka,
If i could help you decide i'll try. I bought my car from a previous owner who loved the car for about a year until he had to move to new york. He lived waikele, so it had kinda plenty miles on it. But all the options i wanted were on it. Manual doors, windows, and A.C. I think it's called the convenience
package since it has the i-pod(aux) jack. Now that i'm thinking about it, i should've got the S model for the body kit. But other than that, this car is my daily so i can drive it places and park it places i don't wanna take my wrx to.
How's school working out?
Old 11-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #62
PETERPOOP

Yah I wish i got the S for the lip kit, but I hate the rear lip on it. I'd take that off.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:28 AM   #63
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Bump, we finished toys for tots this past saturday. Had the smallest turnout ever, but it's all about the keikis.

I wanted to bump this to see if we could get a list of all the new members i see popping up recently.

I'll start with those i know offhand active or inactive:

1. anonymous user
2. battleversiontc
3. Latka
4. PETERPOOP
5. PaidTimeOff
6. Eggyolk
7. gwasabi
8. 808 yaris
9. 808yarisLB
10. yarisugi

Wow, that's 10 members i counted. You guys feel free to check in so i know who's still active.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:30 AM   #64
Latka

Yup - I'm a new member. Still don't have my Yaris, but at least I've got (I think) all the stuff I need to finish up my Mini for sale. Gotta wait until the 19th (first day after the school semester) to work on 'er. I still want to get my Yaris by the end of the year! :)
Old 12-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #65
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Drives: 5-door meteorite metallic
yeah i just picked up my yaris last week. i'll post up pics soon!
808_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #66
PETERPOOP

Yaahhhhhhhhhh hawaii yaris car club in the making. aha
Old 12-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #67
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Drives: 5-door meteorite metallic
haha yeah i wonder how many members there are in hawaii.
808_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #68
eggyolk808

Drives: White S Sedan
Chekin' in!
eggyolk808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #69
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyolk808 View Post
Chekin' in!
WoOt! It's been a while. Good to see you're still rockin the yarrrisss.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #70
eggyolk808

Drives: White S Sedan
Yeah, i've been kinda out of it for a while. Focusing on school and all the baggage that comes along with it. But now that i'm on break i can finally do things my my yaris! Woooooo... although, i have a sedan which means a limited amout of "cool" parts lol
eggyolk808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #71
Latka

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous user View Post
Latka,
If i could help you decide i'll try. I bought my car from a previous owner who loved the car for about a year until he had to move to new york. He lived waikele, so it had kinda plenty miles on it. But all the options i wanted were on it. Manual doors, windows, and A.C. I think it's called the convenience
package since it has the i-pod(aux) jack. Now that i'm thinking about it, i should've got the S model for the body kit. But other than that, this car is my daily so i can drive it places and park it places i don't wanna take my wrx to.
How's school working out?
School went well. Got through another semester. I'm *finally* back up to UH Manoa next semester, so it'll be nice to finally take the business classes I've wanted to for so damn long!

Hopefully going to get the Mini done soon. Now that I'm not in school though I've been working a ton - hopefully a few days off coming up soon so I can do the car thing.

I'd like the 2 door Hatchback "S", but I really can't justify $2,000 or thereabouts for what amounts to a body kit and...I think a tachometer. We'll have to see how bad Toyota is hurting when we show up with cash in hand. :)
Old 01-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #72
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
[I drive around waikiki every night with 18% tint all around and windsheild tinted and I didnt get pulled over once. The greddy TiC I have is SUPER loud and it doesn't attract cops either lol not only that I got stickers all over the front of my car hahaha]

You're asking for it. I have seen a cop make a kid rip out his tint then give a ticket.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote