Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
chumpster

Drives: 2008 sedan
where is the 12V lighter socket fuse?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I have a 2008 4 door Yaris Sedan. Can anyone tell me where the fuse is for the 12V accessory/lighter socket. It's not specifically listed in the owner's book and none of the fuse circuits listen sound like they'd include it.

Thanks so much for any help!
chumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
under the dash, under the panel by the hood release. It's listed in the manual (doing this from memory) in the 200's and either a 5 or 10 amp fuse. But it's there maybe number 7 or 10 on the list.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
chumpster

Thanks... I appreciate the advice. The dealership said they thought it was under the hood. Since there is no third option for a fuse box, that's both of them covered so far. I was hoping someone might at least know the name of the circuit it's on. I don't really want to take out each one and and test it!

I tried some guesses like the 'dome light' circuit fuse... no joy there unfortunately!

Does anyone know anything more specific?... thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
whats the problem?
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #5
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumpster View Post
I don't really want to take out each one and and test it!
You can usually tell by looking at the fuse to see if it's blown. The little piece that runs across the two prongs in an 'S' shape will be destroyed.
==============================
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Okay, so I found the fusebox diagram for the inside fuse box under by the driver seat. You can see the fuse labeled CIG. It's a 15amp fuse. You should have some spare fuses under the hood in that fuse box. Also in there, is a little fuse puller; should look like a small pair of white tweezers. They definitely make it a lot easier

PS: Ignore the red circles in the diagram; stole it from another thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fusebox-1.jpg (24.1 KB, 578 views)
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
Old 09-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
chumpster

I do appreciate the advice. I know what a blown fuse looks like and that they sometimes don't look that way, which is where a circuit tester comes in.

I appreciate the advice that it might be 7 or 10. It's an under the hood main box. 7 is no circuit with no fuse and 10 is the starting circuit, which functions normally. As does every other circuit I could guess it's on, like the interior lights etc.

This is the reason for my post to see if anyone might have some more detailed information as to where the 12V accessory circuit might be fused.

thanks.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
chumpster

Wow... this is what I'm looking for... thank you so much!!! The manual makes no mention of anything under the driver's seat.... I'm off to the garage to investigate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.dollimount View Post
Okay, so I found the fusebox diagram for the inside fuse box under by the driver seat. You can see the fuse labeled CIG. It's a 15amp fuse. You should have some spare fuses under the hood in that fuse box. Also in there, is a little fuse puller; should look like a small pair of white tweezers. They definitely make it a lot easier

PS: Ignore the red circles in the diagram; stole it from another thread.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
chumpster

Well there's nothing under the driver seat other than the jack and nothing under the passenger seat.

This is a Year 2008 Model 1442 E Sedan.

So in summary... there's jack under the driver's seat
Old 09-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #10
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Sorry, not the driver's seat... lol Under the steering wheel, if you pull down the plastic flap to give some light, or definitely use a flashlight, stick your head under and look up. There's a cover over the fuses that has them labeled as well. Not sure why I said driver's seat LOL
Old 09-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Actually, it's under there and on the left side.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #12
chumpster

Maybe I mis-read your description... under, BY the driver's seat... mistakes happen ;-)

There is not much of an inside fuse box, just three major fuses, behind the panel. Most of the 5-20A fuses are under the hood. As I've mentioned the handbook is of no help in identifying which one might hide the accessory circuit. Plus everything is functioning normally other than this. I have a crappy car phone charger that sometimes pops fuses, which could be the culprit.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #13
chumpster

The manual talks about Type A and Type B... I'm sure they don't mean personalities!

I've found one fuse panel behind the little pull down door, that can be removed. Are saying there's another fuse panel more easily seen by Australians ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.dollimount View Post
Actually, it's under there and on the left side.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #14
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/att...9&d=1250041800

If you can see this thing ^, Look underneath it. It's really hard to see under there or get your head under to see anything. You'll see a strip of paper on a cover. It's long. It has the fuses indicated on it. Pop that cover off and they're all underneath it.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #15
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumpster View Post
The manual talks about Type A and Type B... I'm sure they don't mean personalities!

I've found one fuse panel behind the little pull down door, that can be removed. Are saying there's another fuse panel more easily seen by Australians ;-)
lol No, I think you found the right one
Old 09-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #16
chumpster

...and the winner is... 'The Yaris Forum' and it's 'hive mind'

So much for the owner's manual and the dealership on the phone.

It really is a difficult little fuse box to find. The nice diagrams in the owner's manual show where the big box is behind the panel door... but seems to stop there and not clearly indicate where the important little box is. I'm glad I wasn't stuck on the side of the road! I think even James Bond, would have been on his Sat Phone calling Q... er Q... er,.. do you know where the fuse box is mate?

thanks again...
Old 09-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #17
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

hah No problem =)
Old 09-28-2012, 03:47 AM   #18
afthabfadul

Drives: yaris 2008
Sir, Yaris 2008 sedan p/s and ac not working ,where is fuce ? help me

Last edited by afthabfadul; 03-27-2013 at 05:09 AM.
afthabfadul is offline   Reply With Quote